Perfect Fits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaywood1207

jaywood1207

These are my last 2 sales. The first is a black acrylic with the name and Wilfrid Laurier Student Union logo laser engraved and filled with gold. I love the looks of this pen and it turned out great in my opinion. Yeah I know that selling something with the logo on is debatable but we don't need to get into that here besides I spent enough at WLU during my 4 years of schooling that I figure I own part of that logo. The second is a spalted tamarind with CA finish. This was my first go at a water slide decal and it turned out really well. The recipient is a member of the Masons and will be receiving an award and this is the logo symbol for that award. The name was laser engraved. The wood on upper and lower barrel are the same but there was not as much spalting in the upper half of the blank so it looks different. I'm not crazy about that aspect but the pen turned out well. Both pens were delivered today and they were well received. Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• DSCF7880 (Small).JPG
    DSCF7880 (Small).JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF7895 (Small).JPG
    DSCF7895 (Small).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF7913 (Small).JPG
    DSCF7913 (Small).JPG
    16 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF7906 (Small).JPG
    DSCF7906 (Small).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

WOW Jamie, you did a great job with these pens, the finish is flawless!! The CA finish gives a wonderful shine. Did you have any difficulties with getting the scratches out of the black acrylic? The engraving and decal look good as well.

jaywood1207

Thanks everyone.

Marla the black acrylic is not too bad to get the scratches out if you take your time and sand both ways at each grit and the buffer afterward helped a lot.

The decal was actually easier than I thought it would be. I put on 2 or 3 coats of thin CA, soaked the decal for about 20 seconds and then slid it right off and positioned it. I did ruin the first 2 tries at the decal. The first 1 because I rushed and applied lacquer when I thought the decal was dry but it wasn't dry enough as I had some white spots show up. the 2nd decal I tried to do CA right over the decal and it smeared the colours. 3rd time around I let it dry for about a day then applied a couple thin coats of lacquer before going onto the CA finish.

Top Bottom