Perfect Fits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

I've been having fits with my finishes on wood pens the last couple days, so I decided to try a few PR pens. They are all from Dawn at Exotic Blanks. In order of appearance, Ancient Mars, Alchemy, Golden Dawn and Uni Pink. It's hard to choose a favorite. They are all really beautiful. I plan on donating the Uni Pink to a charity event to raise funds for Cancer Research.

1_PFB-BP-TG-0006.jpg

1_PFB-BP-TG-0005.jpg

1_PFA-BP-TG-0005.jpg

1_PFA-BP-TG-0006.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Keith; My favourite kits. You have really done them justice!

That Dawn is something else (in a good way) with PR. I conversed with her last week. I would so much like to show my Burnt Copper Baron here, but I don't want to hijack your thread!

You've just given me another pen to turn. Thank you, Sir!

RAdams

Banned
very elegant pens. those are outstanding! man you guys make me wanna quit posting pics. lol

aggromere

Yes, very nice pens. I just ordered 10 of those kits. Was gonna make some pen and pencil sets. A neighbor has a hair and nail salon and I have a display of pens in there but only sell 1 or 2 a month. I think something smaller with no cap might appeal to the ladies more than my sedonas and cigar pens.

JohnU

Wow, those turned out real nice. I think Im liking the Golden Dawn the best but then again the Ancient Mars is calling me too, but the Alchemy....I give up! Nice job!

VisExp

Very nicely done, indeed. Help me out...what kits are those?

Bob, the kits are called Perfect Fit Convertibles. They are a really nice ballpoint pen and they can be converted to a pencil. I got these from Bernie @ Beartooth Woods.

They are pretty simple to make, but they do require the turning of a tenon where the center band fits. You basically turn part of the blank all the way down to the tube. The trick is then to make sure that the bit that is left is the same diameter as the center band.

Rollerbob

Thanks Keith. Gotta have me some of those. Sounds like some of the Euros where you have turn a tenon. Really nice looking on those blanks!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Keith,

At first I was shocked not to see any segmenting. :wink: I have always felt that Dawn's blanks are all the embellishment a pen kit needs, and you have proved that in a big way! Excellent work!!

Kaspar

... In order of appearance, ... Golden Dawn, Alchemy ...

You sure you don't have those two backwards? The Alchemy has the gray, doesn't it?

Those are awesome pens, in any case. Esp, the ancient Mars, and what I believe to be the Golden Dawn.

I should have a closed end Ancient Mars to show in a few days. If it's anything like yours, I can't wait to finish it.

cnirenberg

Keith,
I love 'em. What I like about this is you can now visualize what these blanks will look like when completed (We can only hope). I have't tried out this pen kit, but I love what I see. Of course what is a salad without the dressing? The blanks are outstanding, and I can't wait to dig in!

PR_Princess

What no laminations??? This surely can't be the real Keith. It must be a doppelganger!!!:eek::eek::eek:

You did a marvelous job on these Keith! Those blanks really do "fit" on those kits, and of course they are turned "perfect"ly! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW, have you ever thought of becoming my "official" photographer???:confused::rolleyes::wink:

VisExp

What no laminations??? This surely can't be the real Keith. It must be a doppelganger!!!:eek::eek::eek:

You did a marvelous job on these Keith! Those blanks really do "fit" on those kits, and of course they are turned "perfect"ly! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BTW, have you ever thought of becoming my "official" photographer???:confused::rolleyes::wink:

Thanks Dawn :) Your blanks make it easy to look good :biggrin:

I'd be happy to be your "official" photographer. The next time you have a red carpet function be sure to let me know and I'll be there :biggrin:

Just kidding, if you need any pictures of any blanks I'd be happy to do it for you.

Top Bottom