A Perfect cat??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
2006628213655_ocelotnetlter.jpg

Hopefully, you will see this as I do, that is it will be a decent picture! (In spite of my reputation for cruddy pics)

Ocelot (one of the illustrious "cat" family) in a perfect fit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Great pen! Of course, I like all of those blanks, but this one has a really neat look on the bottom half, where it looks like it's kind of sweeping or swooping upwards, kind of like a wave- I like that!

mick

Ed as much as I like the pens you've shown from the varied "cat" resins and they are all very well made I'm wondering something. Is it just my monitor are does this material not buff out to as glossy a shine as some of the other "plastics"? (The camos that were posted the other day come to mind). This is in no way a negative comment on your pens, they look great I just don't see the usual shine and was wondering about it

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Mick, I'm sure Ed will answer for himself, but here's my perspective. This is NOT lucite or polyester--it's celluloid. It does not start off clear, so the shine is less obtrusive. The shine is, however, magnificent in person. I also think Ed may have diffused his lighting a little too much. Here are four samples of these celluloids.

200662922459_EBsCamoResinPanacheClosed.jpg
<br />

200662922538_Leopard-cl.jpg
<br />

20066292264_OcelotPencil.jpg
<br />

200662922627_SnowLeoparCl.jpg
<br />

Just my (never humble) opinion.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by mick
<br />Ed as much as I like the pens you've shown from the varied "cat" resins and they are all very well made I'm wondering something. Is it just my monitor are does this material not buff out to as glossy a shine as some of the other "plastics"? (The camos that were posted the other day come to mind). This is in no way a negative comment on your pens, they look great I just don't see the usual shine and was wondering about it

I think Lou gave a better answer than I would have.

However, I CAN get it to a fairly high shine, but we are emulating tigers here. When was the last time you saw a tiger that had just been waxed??? So, I am pretty happy stopping the process when it has a nice satin look.

To prove I could do it, I DID buff one twice with the tripoli (I do most of my buffing on a 3 wheel system) and it CAN be made to have a high sheen. To MY taste, this was not an advantage.

And, of course, Lou knows I can't take pictures!!!!!! HE IS CORRECT, SIR (in my best Ed McMahon voice).

Hope this has successfully evaded your question????????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

As a seller of this product, you would EXPECT me to extol its virtues. However, I can honestly say that everyone who has talked to me after making a pen agrees it is the EASIEST plastic they have ever turned.

It doesn't "shatter" or blow out (You can probably MAKE this happen, but it takes effort)

While I don't know the chemical makeup, Lou is probably right when he says its from the celluloid family. But it doesn't SMELL as bad as most celluloids.

Johnathon, yes I made the stand. Let's call it prototype 1. Its progeny are on the drawing board.

thewishman

That is a purr-ty cat. I like the fact that it will not jump up on the counter or shed on my clothes. Add the furniture not being scratched and it IS the purr-fect cat.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom