Per DrStrangeFart & Azamiryou

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from swanny70

swanny70

Ok, guys! You told me to make a pen without the center ring. Here it is! I think I should have rounded the ends a little. Didn't realize that until I had finished the pen.

Attachments

• 18d (640x427).jpg
    18d (640x427).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Looks like you still got a clean fit. That's the most important part. Now you have it for next time. Looks good! You're on the way to really testing the limits of what a Slim kit can take.

BSea

I agree. It looks really good. You can do all kinds of things with a slimline. I like to make them look similar to Euros. Back in February there was a contest for the birthday bash for modified slimlines. I don't know why we can't go back & look at the posts from the bash.

Here's a library article showing modifications by Don Ward.

http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/slimline_modifications.pdf

Drstrangefart

I agree. It looks really good. You can do all kinds of things with a slimline. I like to make them look similar to Euros. Back in February there was a contest for the birthday bash for modified slimlines. I don't know why we can't go back & look at the posts from the bash.

Here's a library article showing modifications by Don Ward.

http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/slimline_modifications.pdf

I think there's only two or three in there that I haven't done yet.

azamiryou

That's the ticket! Now you can make it any shape you want. And if you glue in a piece of contrasting material, you can turn it any shape you want with a center band... and then you're essentially doing segmenting, adding even more to your skills.

Top Bottom