Pepto-Bismol Pink Shavings All Over My Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from StephenM

StephenM

First time I've ever done an acrylic pen. Takes a bit longer and I did the majority of the work with a skew rather than the roughing gouge.

For my little girl who turns 11 today (and is almost as tall as her mother)

ellypinkpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

great looking pen. your daughter will love it im sure. isn't it amazing that sometimes the color of the shavings is completely different that the color of the blank.

ctubbs

Makes me almost wish I was a girl, almost, but not quiet. Great looking pen. If she doesn't want it, I know a 67 year old "boy" that would be proud to carry it.
Charles

76winger

Beautiful pen!

Yeah the shavings are always lighter in color than the solid blank. Red becomes pink, Blue becomes baby blue, purple -> lavender, black -> gray, etc. Even the wood shaving are lighter, not just acrylics.

StephenM

Bought the blank at Woodcraft. She came home and informed me that all her friends wanted to know where she got it. When she told them her dad made it they asked if he could make one for them.

She then told me "I told them 25.00 each. I get 10 for selling it and you get 15 for making it.

Stephen - Nice work. And there are different kinds of acrylics, too. They'll tend to drive you nuts at times, but the results can be stunning (like the one for your daughter!). Now that you've done one, you'll HAVE to do more.

Top Bottom