Pens From this Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

Its been 3 or 4 months since I turned any pens so I switched my efforts to pens this weekend and this is the result. Forgive the photos. I used my point and shoot Sony camera outdoors. Comments welcome.

1_Group_of_Pens_01.jpg

1_Jr_Gent_1_Trio.jpg

1_Sierras_Group.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dtswebb

Louis -

The pens look great and it's good to see you're getting in some turning.

I had fun turning some of the Osage Orange I got from you a while back. Some beautiful wood. I need to get the camera out so I can show you.

Matthew

magpens

Hi Louis,

Great looking pens !!! For a newcomer, could you please list the woods you used, left to right, top to bottom. Thanks.

Mal (magpens)

louisbry

Hi Louis,

Great looking pens !!! For a newcomer, could you please list the woods you used, left to right, top to bottom. Thanks.

Mal (magpens)

Thanks Mal. In the second picture from top to bottom: cocobolo, hackberry burl, tiger stripe narra.

In the third picture from left to right: Curly maple, spalted pecan, quilted sapele, spalted crabapple.

All are finished with CA.

ossaguy

Those all look stunning,but what amazes me is that you can do that many pens,in that quality........in one weekend.... I'm in awe!

Steve

magpens

Thanks for your reply, Louis. But you didn't specify the woods for the top picture.

I hope you'll be able to do that as I really like the look of those and would like to buy some blanks similar to what you used. I have been doing mostly dark woods and want to try some light colors.

Your match of the pen kits with the woods makes for a great result in all cases. Your craftmanship is superb, Louis.

Thanks,
Mal

louisbry

Thanks for your reply, Louis. But you didn't specify the woods for the top picture.

I hope you'll be able to do that as I really like the look of those and would like to buy some blanks similar to what you used. I have been doing mostly dark woods and want to try some light colors.

Your match of the pen kits with the woods makes for a great result in all cases. Your craftmanship is superb, Louis.

Thanks,
Mal

The top picture includes all the pens in the two pictures I specified. There are seven pens total.

Top Bottom