Pens for Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dandpmorales

dandpmorales

Read a post about turning some pens for the troops, I always thought about doing some. When Ed graciously donated 25 pen kits I thought, what a no brainer. PM'd Ed and got the kits, never turned this many before at one time, now I'm thinking, what did I get myself into. Got organized, made a plan and dove right in. About a week later and 18 pens into the run I got a call, my father unexpectedly passed away. The week after taking care of family matters I went down to my shop, staring me in the face was the unfinished project I had to leave behind. As I finished the last of the pens I thought of a way to remember my dad. I need to thank Gary for the oppotunity to help a worthy cause, Ed for the kits, Herb at Woodcraft for donating the pen tubes. BTW pens are various woods with CA finish.
Dan

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 173
  • 37.JPG
    37.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

My condolences on your loss.
I hope the memories of your father will ease your pain.
Thank you for your ServicePens contribution.
Kind regards,
Gary

Polarys425

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Having lost my father on July 4th last year, i know your pain. Yesterday, Feb 8th was his birthday, its still rough, and i expect it will be for some time.

Time does ease the pain, but i dont know that it ever goes away.

That certainly is a nice group of pens. I'm sure the recipients will greatly appreciate them.

wiset1

Sorry for your loss!

I'm sure my fellow Soldiers will appreciate the effort and thought.

Thank you for your support

airrat

Sorry for the loss of your father. Great way to remember him and I am sure the troops that receive those pen will be even honored even more by the story they will tell.

MorganGrafixx

Remember those brave souls who have fallen and pass on to others their teachings, so that they shall never truly die.

This is everything the Marine Corps motto "Semper Fidelis" means to me, summed up into a single sentence of thought.

Top Bottom