Pens for sale in store

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

I was able to get them to let me display my pens at Central Market (a high end grocery store), where I work. Every 2 month they display local artist work on the walls in the eating area. There are 1000's of people that walk through the front doors every week. Talk about the public seeing your work. Had them up just 3 days and sold 2 already. This weekend they are holding a meet the artist weekend. What is nice is I work right across from this area and can see all the people looking at my pens. And whats great is the woman in charge of area is pushing my pens for me also (a little insentive of a free pen doesn't hurt). Best part about this deal is I don't have to pay the store any percentage from my sales. Can't beat that :):):):)

Here are a few cases I had to make quickly to get my pens up for this weekend. Had to be able to display on wall and be secure.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 323
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Great score on the selling opportunity. Can you give us a little detail on the display system??? :confused:How are the pens suspended in the display??? :confused:How does the customer or the salesperson get to the pen??? How are these displays hung??? :confused: Thanks for showing.

jbostian

Congrats! A great opportunity to sells some pens and get your name out to people. The pens and displays look great. I too would like to know a little more about the displays.

Jamie

txav8r

That's great! Which Central Market are they in? I'd love to swing by and check them out. I'm pretty close to the one at 281 & 1604

mrburls

Pens are at the only Central Market (all other stores are H.E.B stores) store in San Antonio on Broadway in Alomo Heights area.

The cases are made of mahogany. Pens are held in place with gold elastic string from Hobby Lobby store. Back panel is held on with 3 small screws. Used door wreath hangers screwed fast to the back and hung from the 6 feet high wall. The customer deals with me directly. There is a letter about me with my email and phone number for contact info hanging next to pen cases. It is a bit of a hassle to take case down and get pen out but I feel good about no theif worries and so does the store manager.

Thanks for all the comments, Keith "mrburls"

Rum Pig

Well done that sounds like a great deal:)

I like the way you have displayed the pens. Good idea for a collection might have steal that one:biggrin:

mrburls

Today the Central Market store had a meet and greet the artist for 2 hours from 1:00 to 3:00 where I have the pens diplayed at. Met some nice people and sold 3 pens and took an order for a fourth pen. Not bad for 2 hours of my time. They set up a table for me so I could bring in some materials I use to turn pens and show people just what I start with. Plus brought along about 60 pens to show off too.

Thanks, Keith "mrburls"

Last edited:
Top Bottom