Pens for my wedding

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike Lindstrom

I'm still pretty new to this pen turning thing, but I made these for my wedding which is this afternoon. The dark ones are Jr. Gent II FP's for my groomsmen with Diggin For Gold on the outside from Exotic Blanks, and the white one is a Venus inside a Stardust blank also from Exotic for the sign-in book. These are also my first try turning between centers. Thank you, JohnnyCNC for your advice and your bushings. It's significantly improved the quality of my work. Sorry about the quality of the photos, it turns out getting married is time and stress intensive.

I'm really pleased with how these turned out. The pictures don't do the blanks justice. There is a lot of depth to the dark ones, and in good light, they explode with gold and silver, not veins, but clouds. Now I need to figure out how to eliminate those lines from the drill bit...

Thanks for looking. Gotta get to the church.

Mike

Attachments

• Wedding Pens 2.jpg
    Wedding Pens 2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Wedding Pens.jpg
    Wedding Pens.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Great job on the pens! I'm sure they will be a big hit!

Congratulations on your pending nuptials! May you have a long and happy life together! :)

Rick_G

Good looking pens, they will be well received. Now check with the bride to be and see if she wants pens made for the bridesmaids, then get back to work.

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials and from someone who has been married 44 years 3 pieces of advise.

Two words that can save a lot of conflict "Yes Dear" and mean it.

A good marriage is not easy it's hard work on both sides.

And a little saying from one of my neighbours years ago... If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Wishing you many years of happiness.

Thanks for the comments and especially for the advice. I offered to make some for the bridesmaids as well, but she had something else in mind.

I seem to be married, so I guess it went well. Everyone had a good time. Now it's time to catch up on much delayed rest.

Mike

BSea

Congratulations Mike,

My daughter was married on Saturday too. I made 19 pens for the wedding. Mostly for friends & family who helped out, and for out of town special guest. I still have 3 more to make. Then I can go back to making fun pens.

Your pens look great. I'll refrain from giving advice other than never go to bed mad.

Haynie

Thanks for the comments and especially for the advice. I offered to make some for the bridesmaids as well, but she had something else in mind.

I seem to be married, so I guess it went well. Everyone had a good time. Now it's time to catch up on much delayed rest.

Mike

Anyone else see a problem with a guy who is just married posting on the net?

Shouldn't you be doing the wedding night horizontal ho-down?

Nice pens by the way.

Top Bottom