Pens/Key chains from the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So my boss's boss wanted me to make him 2 key chains, a Jr Gent II, and a Cigar pen all with some blanks I helped him pick out since he likes blue. I originally was trying to turn a pine cone poly resin for the Jr Gent II kit, but working on the cap and it tore out on me. So looking at the key chains left to right the material is Pine cone PR and 2 Cetacean Seas Polyresin. The Jr Gent II I got a piece of blue dyed Buckeye Burl from WC, which wasn't stabilized. I did have to fill some voids with shavings. I then did about 5 coats thin ca and 6 coats medium ca and then did my MM all the way up. The cigar pen is Galaxy Blue Polyresin. I did paint the tubes blue on this one and I am glad I did. Hopefully he will like them all. I did MM all the PR all the way up as well. I am hoping he will want to buy the 3rd key chain as well. Also on turning the PR this weekend it was rather hot, but I swear the PR turned just like acrylic, those things were super hard and I was constantly sharpening. Not sure what that was about but it really wore me out lol. Thanks for looking!

151110-438x.jpg
151111-438x.jpg
151112-438x.jpg
151113-438x.jpg

ToddMR

Well he liked them all. He is already talking about having me do pens for his dad in mid-august. He also brought me a navigator pen he got somewhere that it doesn't post on either end anymore. It seems like the threads don't reach to the threads in the cap. So taking it home tonight and taking apart the cap. Might need to trim off a little on the CB so not as much space to get to the threads.

Top Bottom