Pens Four And Five

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

Had some time to do some more Drill Press pens yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out a good, practical way to finish them. Because I'm using a drill press to turn with, I don't like using the micromesh with water because it dripps down into the bearing of my live center. Because of that I'm trying to find a way to completely bypass that method.
I'm using a light CA base with Mylands Friction Polish, and liked the way it finished. Time will tell….

First up is a Cigar in Black Titanium with East Indian Rosewood. (I just couldn't seem to get the lighting right to capture the essence of this pen's character. It looks better in hand)

All pictures uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next up is a Atlas in Black Titanium, with figured Walnut. (Probably my finest piece to date, and my fifth attempt at turning a pen).

All images uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for looking. Any comments welcome. J

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

With CA you don't have to do a wet sand. I have done a "dry" micro mesh sanding. You just have to take your time to not over heat the micro mesh. I did not use the little pads. I was using the sheets.

edit: the two pens in my photo album with hand engraved are "dry" sanded. Also your pens are looking good.

Last edited:

ghostrider

With CA you don't have to do a wet sand. I have done a "dry" micro mesh sanding. You just have to take your time to not over heat the micro mesh. I did not use the little pads. I was using the sheets.

edit: the two pens in my photo album with hand engraved are "dry" sanded. Also your pens are looking good.
Photo album?

airrat

Under my name on the left shows a number of photos in blue. Click the link and it will take you to that person's photo album?

Top Bottom