Pens for Curtiss Aircraft Museum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JerrySambrook

JerrySambrook

The light pens are made from Ash that was removed from a 1911 Curtiss America during restoration.
The darker pens are from fir from a 1927 Curtiss Fledgling during restoration.
The Tail numbers werre lasered on by a good friend (Thanks Charlie!)
The pens are going to the aircraft museum as a donation to help them generate some revenue.

Attachments

• 1st curtiss pens on grey.jpg
    1st curtiss pens on grey.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 1911 america on grey.jpg
    1911 america on grey.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 154
  • 1911 america pen on grey2.jpg
    1911 america pen on grey2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 1927 fledgling pen on grey.jpg
    1927 fledgling pen on grey.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 147
  • 1927 frledgling pen 2.jpg
    1927 frledgling pen 2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great looking pens, Jerry!!

If the museum can display them with a picture of the plane behind them, price will go up significantly!!

YOUR job is done, now let's hope Curtiss Museum capitalizes appropriately!!:biggrin::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Nice pens! I like the idea of the tail #. Hopefully they can tie it in with a personal story about the planes. Curtis planes have been a key part of american history both in active battles and in training our military.

Its all about selling! I hope that your contact at the museum is a good marketer... Get a picture of the pen WITH the restored plane - I'll bet that would be a great tie in and the back could be used for the info.

Keep it up!

ToddMR

Cool way to help them make some money. I like the pens and the kit. Is it just me, or does the top near the cb look proud of the cb? Might be the picture I am not sure at all. Not taking away at all from how good they look, for sure they look good.

PR_Princess

Way Cool!

Very, very nice pens Jerry!!! And a very generous gesture on your part too. It must have been a thrill to work with these pieces of aviation history, and I am sure that these will bring more than a pretty penny into the museum!!! :cool:

For those that are interested, here is a link to the Curtiss Museum's site.
http://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/

But now I really have to talk to Charlie!!:mad:... I thought that his laser was only allowed engrave the registration # NCC1701! :wink::biggrin:

JerrySambrook

I used Turner's Magic on them.
It is th lacquer based finish.

I never thought of using original varnish, but that might be a good thing to try
Thanks for the idea

wizard

Beautiful pens! Great idea.You are a special and generous individual ! The pens will will definitely bring a great price and help the Museum. Doc

Top Bottom