Pens for a Co-worker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

I had an order for 6 Tycoon 24kt Gold fountain pens from a co-worker. She wanted one for herself and the other five for gifts.

I have delivered hers, and two of the five, and these are the last three.

These are Tycoon 24kt Gold Fountain Pens with acrylic blanks. The cap is made for the Ruby blank from Woodcraft and the nib tube is made for their Opal blank.

The cap blank and tube were painted using Dupli-Color Dark Garnet Red Metallic spray paint #BGM0532.

The nib blank and tube were painted using Dupli-Color Polar/Artic White #BGM0153.

They were allowed to dry for 48 hours and then the tubes were epoxied into the blanks using Stick-Fast 5 minute epoxy and allowed to cure for 24 hours.

They were sanded after turning starting with Micro Mesh sanding mesh from 80 to 600 grit. I turned them proud of the bushings and had to finish getting them to the final diameter using sand paper. Then I wet sanded using MM pads from 1500 to 12000. Finally I used Meguires Scratch X 2.0 to polish them.

The engraving was done using a laser engraver and the engraving was filled twice using a purplish red fingernail polish which I picked up at Dollar Tree for a $1.

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Top Bottom