Pens for Charity - Toys for Kids

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveAxelrod

SteveAxelrod

It's been a while since I've posted but it wasn't because I've been sitting on my laurels. The president of our local woodturners club asked if I'd turn some pens for the Toymakers of Eastlake's charity auction. Money raised in the auction would be used to buy supplies and equipment for this club that makes 14,000 toys each year for kids. He supplied the blanks and pen kits, so it was an easy decision. Some of the blanks were nondescript, so I kicked it up a notch with some simple resin segmenting. The last pen in these photos was a pink Spectraply which I dyed with a reddish-orange water based dy to match the resin tip. These aren't the finest pens I've turned, but they're all respectable and will hopefully pull in a few dollars for the club.
View in GalleryView in GalleryView in GalleryView in Gallery View in Gallery View in Gallery View in Gallery
View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWizard

Slimlines

I like how the resin tips add some interest to your pens and complement the woods. I especially like the teak and blue resin pen. Nicely done!

Top Bottom