Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My latest project of pen turning was a 3 person joint effort. Crickett (Marla), Larry in Harrow, and myself!

Larry supplied some of the wood blanks, Sugar Maple salvaged from the floor boards of large Canadian army trucks used in WWII, along with a dozen slimline pen kits, that I think came from Exotics at Ed's low, low special price for the troops!

Marla supplied an accompanying letter to go with the pens to the peacekeepers.

Yours truly supplied the Cigar pens as well as all of the turning.

attachment.php

The Cigar pens, 7 Sugar Maple, 2 from a Hackberry tree struck down by a tornado in 2010.
attachment.php

All slimlines in various states of dress.

All of the pens will be sent to the troops with the original kit cartridge as well as a replacement cartridge of Private Reserve Ink in an Easy Flow 9000 refill.

For more info with respect to this on-going project click on here.http://www.pensforcanadianpeacekeepers.ca/

Attachments

• Pens for the troops 005 (Small).jpg
    Pens for the troops 005 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Pens for the troops 006 (Small).jpg
    Pens for the troops 006 (Small).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Beautiful pens. I'm sure the military men and woman will appreciate them very much. I could make a few jokes too..kinda hard to resist...but really I do appreciate the Canadian military, not just because I'm Canadian. Stand proud!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I can't make any jokes about this. You all did an outstanding job for those that deserve so much more, you should all stand proud.

Nice job Mack! Do you package them in any kind of sleeve or box for the guys and gals?
Also, I think I got the kits from John at Woodchuckers about a hundred years ago. Had them for quite a while.:biggrin:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice job Mack! Do you package them in any kind of sleeve or box for the guys and gals?
Also, I think I got the kits from John at Woodchuckers about a hundred years ago. Had them for quite a while.:biggrin:
They each are in individual Baggies that contain the pen, a letter to the soldier with my card att'd, as well as the refill Private Reserve Ink cartridge (if and when they ever arrive here!)

Pen boxes is a great thought for next time. Unfortunately my supply of them is quite limited, and at a $1.75 CDN each, my budget would be somewhat stretched!

I was under the impression you got the slims from Exotics!:confused:

Top Bottom