Pens With BLING !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

:glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy: A friend of mine imports interesting items from all over the world for his store. The last time I visited him he had these pens waiting for me, knowing that I jewel candles, ornaments, eggs, and sometimes pens. He had gotten them in India and thought I would be interested as to how they were made. All are hand made of course, maybe not the best detailed work, and I don't think you could carry them around to much without losing some of the jewels. I do know that a person could not put these together in the United States and expect to make any money from them,
however it is some food for thought. I won't go through the materials here, but they are given in my album with the photos. Oh, by the way, he retails these for $6 in his store !!!!!! Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0007 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0007 (640x480).jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 387
  • DSCF0008 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0008 (640x480).jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCF0009 (325x640).jpg
    DSCF0009 (325x640).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF0010 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0010 (640x480).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF0011 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0011 (640x480).jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

Please let me apologize up front if I seem rude but,
Those are the homeliest things I've seen on this sight,I can appreciate the amount of
handwork that goes into them but they completely lack any elegance and or appeal
outside of promotional items for THE BEDAZZLED system of home fashion for the near sighted.
Again I apologize if I've offended anybody,No I Don't those pens are just butt ugly!!!
Mark

I kind of thought the same thing as Brooks803 they look like they rolled the pen in glue and then into the beads? For $6 though you cannot expect them to compete with a $200 dollar pen or even a $100 dollar pen. Just more cheap imports that is what they are and they won't ever be a masterpiece. They weren't made to be!

PaulDoug

Well, you never know what people well like. Certainly not to my taste but it well be interesting to read how they go with the general public.

firewhatfire

It gives me all kind of creative ideas. Whether they look good or bad, he must be able to sell them or he wouldn't have them in his store. It looks like something in the near future in gold leaf and jewels may be coming soon.

Phil

plantman

I had flashbacks from kindergarten when we made objects by gluing macaroni to it after seeing these.

:eek::eek: I do believe I have seen pen blanks for sale with macaroni or pasta in them. All I remember is how good the glue tasted back then. Jim S

Last edited:

plantman

It gives me all kind of creative ideas. Whether they look good or bad, he must be able to sell them or he wouldn't have them in his store. It looks like something in the near future in gold leaf and jewels may be coming soon.

Phil

:bananen_smilies051::confused: Phil: You were right on !!! My objective of showing these pens was to get people thinking. We have to realize that the culture in India and the far East is a lot different than the Western or the rest of the world. These pens are not works of art, they are not practicle, and are not made from the best materials. They are, however, a cheap conversation piece sitting next to a book on a coffee table. I would expect to find these in a T J Max or Dollor Store. It takes some skill to glue items in a patern or straight line. I will be going up to his shop sometime before Christmas and ask how they sold. People will always pay up for quality, uniqueness, and craftsmanship. But you need to have something to compare it to also. On a personal note, they are different, but a little to over done for my tastes and I like jewels. Jim S

Last edited:

plantman

I see Paris Hilton toting this pen. Glamorous pens!

:star::star: I would bet you if Paris Hilton had a bling pen in her purse it would say " Fabrasha " on it some where, and cost six figures, not $6 !! I saw a Gold Fabrasha pen with jewels on it go for $14,000 at a Atlanta auction not to long ago. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom