The pen without a home.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Made this for one of the contests, but it didn't meet those requirements(you can't see the second piece of the 'ballpoint'). Unfortunately it is modified too much for another contest, but not up to the standards I would impose on myself for the advanced stuff....it's a bunch of 'kits' and not worthy.

Oh well, live and learn and then learn some more! But that doesn't mean you can't see it!!!!

The process:

Grab the spring and ink stick out of a Cigar pen, makes this a really short pen.
Make a modified spring from the Jr. Gent 1 Gold Rollerball to go in the backside.
Grab a piece of Ramon Stump w/spalting and make a custom finial.
Set drill depth to make 'body' closed-end.
Standard cap from the Jr. Gent 1 Rollerball.
Step back and take a breathe, you've been busy! BTW, this does not have any CA on it anywhere! And the inclusions that are almost visible on the body of the pen have been left open!

All the pieces:(the springs are inside the pen pieces)

Assembled:

Capped:

Maybe next year, I'm out of time to do anything 'great'.....
I will entertain comments and critiques! Anything you would have done to make this better? Could always replace the ink stick and spring stuff with a fountain pen nib......ideas?

Scott (the pork loin was awesome tonight) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

I wish it could have qualified. It is a gorgeous pen with great modifications. You did great with the pen, and I think you are selling yourself short for not entering the other contest. Definitely a pen to be proud of.

Last edited:

SDB777

Welcome fellow rule breaker. Neat pen by the way

I saw your topic(fellow rule breaker...hehehe), you had a very well put together instrument yourself. And it looked like it took a LOT of time to get that one just right.

Should've submitted it to the modified contest.Nice pen.

It only had one piece of a ballpoint showing(the spring does show externally). I mis-read the rules....

I guess if I had used a a few different drill bits I could have tapered the backside more and made it postable? I'll probably just convert this one over to a fountain and sell it. It'll be easier for the future owner to just change out cartridges or put a converter in it then to keep up with shortened spring and the like.

Scott (I didn't wanna break no rules) B

Jjartwood

Waste less time on contest and do more of this, and YOU will be much more happy
Just saying, It's a beautiful pen.
If you feel overly compelled to find it a home,send it to me,I'll give it a home (at least till show season starts)
beautiful pen,
Mark

Top Bottom