Pen from This Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TxDade

TxDade

I know the picture stinks, I am terrible at still photography. This was a kit from PSI, the wood is from a Koa blank that my friend Robert111 gave me. The wood grain is just beautiful, finished with friction polish, Mylands Wax and a final coat of poly. I wish I could get a better picture of the wood grain. Thanks for looking and thank to Robert for the great blank! Comments good or bad are welcome as I am very new to lathe turning.

Attachments

• IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

When in doubt, take it out(side)....natural light will always be the best bet for photo'ing. Soft towel(white works great), and a spot where the breeze won't try blowing it away(been windy here lately)....and click away!

From what I can see in the photo, the fit-n-finish look really good!

Scott

Robert111

The pen looks super, Dave. Quite a successful pen for a novice!

I don't know what what photo software you're using, but after you take your pictures and download to computer, doubleclick on the image and fool around with the editing features (or "Fix" features in Win 7).

Taking pictures outside is an excellent tip, and make sure the flash can't fire, whether you shoot outside or inside. I take all my pictures in my shop on my workbench without a flash. My workshop has good florescent light, especially over my bench. If you can, set your camera for florescent lighting to compensate for the color distortion away from daylight.

Hope this helps. Glad you're enjoying your blanks!

Top Bottom