A pen very difficult to write with!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
attachment.php

Now that you've seen it, here's the story!

In 2010 on a Canadian onetime penturning forum "Penturner's Paradise" a number of us started an in-house club called the Stooges. Think 3 Stooges. Some of the postings took on a 3 Stooge flavour, but you really had to be in the moment to understand some of them. Think secret society!

To further add to the Stooge stupidity someone suggested a pen swap. Great idea! The only thing different about this pen swap was...the pen swapped had to be difficult to write with.

This pen is the one I received. It is built on a slimline chassis and as you probably tell it is very difficult to write with.

Who turned it you are probably asking? 3 guesses!

It was turned by none other than our Marla. I have never been able to reciprocate, my imagination fails me. So I still owe her a pen swap!

Attachments

• 1033, Stooges Swap from Marla (small).jpg
    1033, Stooges Swap from Marla (small).jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 852
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

It's nice to see a picture of Mimi again! Think back to the Drew Carey Show and you will see why we called it Mimi. :) That was a fun little swap.

Thanks for showing it Mack and no worries about reciprocating. Your friendship is more important.

I could add pictures of two of the pens I made for that swap and two I received if you want. Not the greatest pictures though.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It's nice to see a picture of Mimi again! Think back to the Drew Carey Show and you will see why we called it Mimi. :) That was a fun little swap.
I forgot her name!

Thanks for showing it Mack and no worries about reciprocating. Your friendship is more important.

I could add pictures of two of the pens I made for that swap and two I received if you want. Not the greatest pictures though.
Yes, I would love to see them!

Last edited:

Curly

This was a pen I received from Windsordi. It is the fruit of an Osage Orange using a nurses pen kit I think.

Edit. Marla corrected me. It was made from a Purse Pen kit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stooge pen 1.jpg
    Stooge pen 1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 773
  • Stooge pen 2.jpg
    Stooge pen 2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 738
  • Stooge pen 3.jpg
    Stooge pen 3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 755
  • Stooge pen 4.jpg
    Stooge pen 4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 732
  • Stooge pen 5.jpg
    Stooge pen 5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

This is a real nice topic started. Thank you Mack.

Might be a fun thing to do during the IAP festivities coming up in February 2016.

What do you think about running such as contest as IMPOSSIBLE PENS... to write with?

magpens

Thanks for sharing, Mack, Pete, and Marla !!!

Pete, in the Sawgar pen, is the wood bloodwood by any chance ? :biggrin:

I see you are "officially" in 'Toon, Pete !

Curly

Thanks for sharing, Mack, Pete, and Marla !!! Pete, in the Sawgar pen, is the wood bloodwood by any chance ? :biggrin: I see you are "officially" in 'Toon, Pete !

It's bloodwood after you write a long letter. :)
I finally remembered my User CP password and changed it to S'toon. I'll show up on the Map soon. ;)

Top Bottom