Pen Turning and Iritis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rb765

rb765

A little know side effect of arthritis is a condition called iritis or inflammation of the iris of the eye. This is going to be my second bout of it in the past 10 years and it is something I would not wish on anyone. It is painful and the treatment is almost as bad as the disease. I have to have my eyes dilated for a full week which means I am a prisoner in my home. I have the screen brightness turned down on the computer, but even the light of the TV can be painful. So sitting at home being bored out of my mind, I decided to see if I could do a little pen turning. I opened the garage door a crack for light and turned on a small lamp on the other end and got to cranking.

On an unrelated note, my niece is graduating from CSU Fresno today (Go Dogs!!!) so of course, my turning was a pen for her. When her younger sister graduated high school, I made her a set of pens from wood my dad had left from his woodworking days. So she made me promise to make her a pen also from Grandpa's wood. This is a Sedona made from Oak, Purple heart, Maple, and Bubinga.

Attachments

• P5231600.jpg
    P5231600.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 226
  • P5231598.jpg
    P5231598.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If I could turn a pen .0001% of your ability with two great eyes and two stupid hands.....I would be a pen turner dream........but since I dream of grandeur now....hmmmmm But the pen is worth keeping and admiring!!! Great job and hope you feel better soon so you can show us more of your amazing skills!

Daniel

Ruben, Sorry to hear bout your eye. I know I can't stand the standard dilation of my eyes. a full week has got to be torture.
Wish I could join you in your "GO Dogs" But being a Nevada Wolf Pack fan I have to say the Dogs are only feed for my Wolves ;)
Good luck in avoiding the light and get better soon.

bitshird

I guess I won't complain, I'm with Daniel I can't stand to have my eyes dilated, I wish you the best of luck and hope this doesn't recur too often. Once in a lifetime sound too soon.

Top Bottom