Pen for Teacher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

Here is a pen for my son's favorite teacher (Chemistry). He had someone do the art for him. A characature of his teacher with his favorite tag line "Relax, it's only your grade!"

I was having trouble with the label casting, and my son was getting anxious about this, so instead of casting we built up a bazzillion coats of CA until it was a little over sized, then turned it back down a little, and finished.

The CA method is fine for the occasional pen, but If I ever want to do more I think I'll want to work out the casting technique. It used about 1 oz of medium CA. I'm sure Monty would be very happy about this technique as now I'm even closer to needing a CA re-order :eek:.

Kit is a gold TI LE ROI

Attachments

• DSCN1252.jpg
    DSCN1252.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCN1254.jpg
    DSCN1254.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Dude, that is WAY cool. Color me amused! Wish I had MY caricature and catch-phrase on a pen like that.....

Come'on it's only a water slide decal away! :cool:

One problem outside of the inability to make water slide decals. Manlaw states you CAN NOT decide on a catchphrase for yourself. It's an addendum to the PICKING A NICKNAME rule. It has to be widely accepted before it is decided. I have no set pattern for behavior or speech, so there's not really one to pick from. Also, I am incapable of drawing anything competently. That hurts my case as well.

Top Bottom