Pen Swap Pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

Bob Ingram "freedomhouse" and I were both kinda late to the party [:I] We both got caught up over the holiday period and have only just completed our pen swap. Rather late than never, we were both pleased with what we received and it was fun exchanging e-mails leading up to the swap.

Here is a beautiful copper cigar dressed in Jatoba that I received from Bob

ACT_6435.jpg

Here is the european dressed in brown mallee burl and soda can inlay I sent to Bob.

ACT_6385.jpg

Thanks again to the organizers of the swap :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Those are really nice pens. I like to work with jatoba also. If its ok to ask... on the aluminum inlay, did you cut your blanks while they were square? Ive done a little of this but never to your level. Very nice!

VisExp

Originally posted by JohnU

Those are really nice pens. I like to work with jatoba also. If its ok to ask... on the aluminum inlay, did you cut your blanks while they were square? Ive done a little of this but never to your level. Very nice!

Yes. The blank was cut while it was still square. There were four cuts made on one side, with a glue up in between each cut. Then the blank was rotated 90 degrees and another four cuts made with a glue up in between each cut.

JohnU

Thanks for the reply, I keep coming back to see it. Very Impressive! Of the 4 or 5 pens Ive turned with aluminum in them, Ive broke 2 while turning. I figured i didnt get a strong enough glue joint between the 2 materials, but now seeing yours with twice as many cuts and glues, Im guessing maybe my tools weren't sharp enough. I'll keep trying. Thanks again for the Post and Pic!

Top Bottom