Pen Styles and Design ... Show Off Your Stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dana Fish

Dana Fish

As a newbie I spend a lot of time searching and trying to find the right materials, tools and pen kits.

Since we have so many amazing artists/penturners here on the site I was wondering if we could start a thread where people could post their pens, kit names and description of where to get it and how to make it.

I know it might be something already out there but this would be great for my learning curve.

Sorry if this sound a bit off the wall.

Cheers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow Dana first welcome to the site.

Not to make this sound weird but just what do think this particular forum does??? There are hundreds of pages right here. Just start reading each thread here and sit back and enjoy the show. Love to see some of your photos soon also.

IPD_Mrs

Welcome to the IAP Dana. JT is correct - you will find more information that you ever dreamed of here at the IAP's Show off your pen forum. And if you get tired of wandering through here, click on the "photos" link and you can view many photos of pens there.

Mrs.

witz1976

Welcome to the IAP Dana. JT is correct - you will find more information that you ever dreamed of here at the IAP's Show off your pen forum. And if you get tired of wandering through here, click on the "photos" link and you can view many photos of pens there.

Mrs.

+1 on visiting the Show off your pen forum...if you didn't get the info you are seeking, either ask or send a PM to who ever made the post. We are all pretty darn friendly here.

arioux

Hi Dana,
Welcome to the IAP.

There is a forum called "Show off your pen". Just go thru there, hours of "looking" for you and people usually describe the kit, meterials and finish technique used.

Dana Fish

Trust me I have spent hours looking and drooling over some of these great pieces. The one thing I find is that when I find a great looking kit I have trouble figuring out what the kit name is and where can I go to buy it.

Sorry not to seem lazy but I this was my intention of the question. I guess a better way to describe what I was looking for was a catalog of sorts for different pen kits, representing the kit name, photo of variations and where to buy.

Thanks for the warm welcoming
Dana

terryf

Hi Dana

Welcome to IAP.

Your best bet would be to visit the sites like www.exoticblanks.com, csusa, woodturningz, berea, beartooth to name but a few. You will find more sites under links at the top of the page.

The all have pretty neat pictures of the products.

Hope this helps :)

Terry

witz1976

Dana you will find most of the pens made here are made from the Jr. Gents, Jr. Statesmans, Slimlines, Euros, Sierras (wall streets), Cigars (Big Bens), Majestics, then you will see pens that are getting hard to find ones like the lotus & emperor.

You are looking are really 3 main places to get pen kits: Penn State Ind, Berea Hardwoods, & Craft Supplies USA. Everyone else are resellers of the three

Exotics is a great place to start looking as Ed carries the favorites from CSUSA and is a Berea reseller. Arizona Silhouette is another good source for Berea, then there is woodturningz, bear tooth woods, indy pen dance, wood-n-whimsies, lau-lau and others who are all resellers.

Sorry buddy, there is no quick fix other than looking at the various companies comparing and asking questions.

Dana Fish

Thanks everyone, I'll do some research before I place my first order. I'm really liking the Sierra Elegant Beauty and the Majestic Squire kits. I think they are simply looking but full of potential for the open minded.

Top Bottom