Pen with a story - attempt at photography

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Talltim

Talltim

4efc64d75e1edb9408f566de40dce7a8.jpg

This is a pen my 14 yr old son turned and one of our first attempts at photography. On looking at it I learned don't wipe you pen on your shirt it has white bits on it.

This is a blank with a story. In short, It came from a rake handle that belonged to gentleman that received the congressional metal of honor and was featured in Mel Gibson's recent Hacksaw Ridge movie.

With a little good fortune we should get about 10 - 12 pens out of it.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice pen !!! . I love pens with a story !!

Would be nice to be able to click on that pic and enlarge for closer inspection.

You can edit for up to about an hour after you post.

Talltim

To be honest I was using the phone app when I uploaded the picture and didn't half know what I was doing.

How do you edit a post? I frequently have "oh no" moments over typos when I read a post.

keithbyrd

GREAT PEN - LOVE STORY WOODS!
When you post - look in the lower right corner of the post - you will see an edit button along with the other buttons. But you only get an hour or two then the button disappears!

eharri446

Also, when you add you picture from your photo album to the post you can select an option to allow it to zoom in when you hover over the picture, then if you click on the image you get the blown up view.

Talltim

Thanks for the advice on posting. I will eventually get it together. I should have my 14 yr old take care of all the tech stuff. He is a little quicker on the uptake in that area than I am.

Woodchipper

Editing is so easy a nine year old can do it. Now to find a nine year old.
Exquisite pen, BTW. The handle was more than likely hickory.

JohnnyBeGood

When you distribute these pens, include the complete story of the CMO and how the wood came to be made into this memorial of that person.

These types of things help ensure our history and sacrifices are not lost or forgotten.

:usflag:

Talltim

We have a certificate of authenticity sheet made up that tells the story and guarantees the source and numbers the limited edition. I have several interests in them already and believe they will move easily. Possibly all to one source.

I agree with you. The stories of men who served should not be forgotten. Freedom is not free.

Top Bottom