Pen sold before it was 'born'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mickr

mickr

A CUSTOMER CAME IN TO PICK OUT THE COLORS OF SHAKER TAPE SHE WANTED ON HER SHAKER ROCKERS AND SPIED THIS PEN STILL ON THE LATHE..I EXPLAINED WHAT IT WAS GOING TO BE (a double closed end with a custom centerband) AND SHE BOUGHT IT BEFORE IT WAS DONE...WHEN IT WENT INTO HER PURSE I BELIEVE IT WAS STILL WARM FROM BUFFING! LUCKILY I REMEMBERED TO GET A QUICKY PICTURE..

Attachments

• DSCN0863.jpg
    DSCN0863.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 477
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

wow, i imagine the allure of seeing one in the process had something to do with it
....or it could just be she saw an unfinished wicked cool pen...:biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
Nice pen! The CB looks pretty slick! I personally don't care much for the blank, but the execution is flawless.

it always feels good when someone wants something before it is even complete. I sold a pendant that way at my first art show. I was doing demos on pendants and this lady bought the work in progress.

dustmaker

That is a tall compliment...someone who has the faith in your work to purchase something before it is even finished. The pen looks fantastic.

mickr

Thank you all for taking the time to view & comment..I will make another just like it when I have a chance & see if lightening strikes twice!

Top Bottom