Pen sold at auction for $250

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

This past weekend I created and donated a pen to my motorcycle riding organization for auction at an event in Lumberton, NC. All the money raised went to Feed the Children.

When I decided to donate a pen, I had a pen in mind. I took the event logo and created some decals and then decided to cast a blank to go with the decal. My first attempt looked great. It was black and silver swirl with just a touch of red and yellow in it. I was very happy. Turned it and was still happy. Applied the decal and somehow ended up with a small place in the decal that turned white. Not sure what happened, but I was okay with it....until I assembled the lower barrel backward, leaving one end proud and the other too small. Most people wouldn't have noticed any of this, but I knew it was there.

My wife then suggested a yellow pen with "just a little black". I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a try. In conjunction with all this I decided to get a case made.

This is what I ended up with. I was pretty happy with it when it was all finished. Lazerlinez did the case.

I fully understand that because it was an auction for charity that people spend way more and overbid values, but still the fact that my pen could generate $250 made me really happy.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_8267a-web.jpg
    IMG_8267a-web.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_8270a-web.jpg
    IMG_8270a-web.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_8272a-web.jpg
    IMG_8272a-web.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_8274a-web.jpg
    IMG_8274a-web.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_8277a-web.jpg
    IMG_8277a-web.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

Very nice pen! Add to that the amount it brought at auction and the fact that the money went to a good cause. All-in-all, I would say you created a VERY successful project!
Great job.

PenMan1

Way to go, Gary! Nice looking pen. Excellent execution!

And for the record. $250 for a 10k Junior is about $100 more than I have been able to get. Keep up the good work!

Awesome pen,
I think I know what may have happened with the pen where the decal turned white. If you don't let the decal cure for least couple of hours, to an over night. The moisture in decal combining with the CA... you get white spots.

I had posted this video before. it has some merit even though it is used on a Long bow. Just Watch

EarlD

Nice looking pen, Gary. Sounds like you made several people happy: you, a rider and some kids. Good work.

avbill

Congrads on your achievement!

Do Not sell yourself short! The last show I did was in Lafayette CA. A lady walked into the pen gallery [ not a booth] All my pens are on pedestals [I donot have tables.] We started talking about how I market my fountain pen and then she saw the Jr statesmen Cobalt blue Mokume and then the next thing she said " I got to have this. " $ 375 dollars later ... The Sunset set in the Pacific was beautiful also!

Again everyone do not sell yourself your talent your craft short!

PS Mike & Linda sorry I was going to photograph the pen on Monday but it found a new home! I'm glad it did! Next time !! :):)

Top Bottom