Pen "Sleeves" for the Zebra 301

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I've turned a few sleeves for some sets of the Zebra M/P-301 pens/pencils. Trying to make some inexpensive sets for Christmas.
ZebraSetw-BlueWatersAcrylicsleeves.jpg

ZebraSetw-CrocusAcrylicsleeves.jpg

ZebraSetw-TrippinAcrylicsleeves.jpg

ZebraSetw-FireAndIceAcrylicsleeves.jpg

What do you think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Yeah, they are pens and pencils you can buy in bulk. They are about a buck in bulk.

As to "Why?"
There are many people I've encountered whi really like my hand turned pens and sets. But they just don't have the money for "such a pen." I can make a bunch of slimlines. But with these Zebra sets, all I'm turning is one sleeve for each, pen and pencil. That's only one 5/8" blank. They are refillable and UNIQUE. Besides . . . and I like 'em. Thought I'd see what you all think.

fiferb

Yeah, they are pens and pencils you can buy in bulk. They are about a buck in bulk.

As to "Why?"
There are many people I've encountered whi really like my hand turned pens and sets. But they just don't have the money for "such a pen." I can make a bunch of slimlines. But with these Zebra sets, all I'm turning is one sleeve for each, pen and pencil. That's only one 5/8" blank. They are refillable and UNIQUE. Besides . . . and I like 'em. Thought I'd see what you all think.

Good enough for me. Have fun!:)

nava1uni

I like them, but I might taper the ends a little more so they blended into the body with a softer flow.
Great idea and very inventive. Do you glue them onto the Zebra?

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all. No, I don't glue the blank to the steel tube on the original body of the pen/pencil. But I do put them on a similar tube to turn - then just slide the sleeve onto the pen/pencil in that set.

Since they aren't glued on, I have to be careful smoothing out the profile at the ends.

Thanks Cindy. I'm working on it. I have some more to "play with" so I'll show you when I get it down.

And, you know, they aren't as nicely finished looking as my other pens. It's kind of hard to do with blatantly plastic parts. But the people who have them are very happy with their "Unique" pen sets. And it's a very good little pen and pencil.

txbob

Another example....

Here's another example of a pen made by sleeving a Zebra. It's a large pen, my version of the fat albert style. The refill is replaced by unscrewing the tip. It's shown with a cigar pen for size comparison. The clip is from a Pentel Capri.
txbob

Attachments

• 200752731655_Pen1small.jpg
    200752731655_Pen1small.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 200752731738_2pens2small.jpg
    200752731738_2pens2small.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 200752731844_tipandgripsmall.jpg
    200752731844_tipandgripsmall.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 106

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Okay. I concede to a much better design! Thats one nice looking pen!

(but I won't quit turning) There are a lot of things possible with these new Zebra pens.

That's a pretty unique idea you have there, Sue. They look [relatively] nice, considering the market niche you have placed them in, and could really bolster your sales. Good going! .............BTW, Happy Birthday----28, now?

jrc

That is what this group of addicts is all about. Someone says maybe I'll try this, and you come up with a great idea. I'll have to pick some up when I go into town.

Top Bottom