A pen for a quilt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darcisowers

darcisowers

anne's_DSC6784.jpg anne's_DSC6789.jpg

I recently finished this pen, which was made in exchange for a quilt. I think I got the better end of this deal!! :biggrin: Here it is with the quilt.
quilt.jpg

It's one of OldFox's blanks with a CA finish on a TiGold Sedona. I painted the inside of the blank blue. The pictures don't do it absolute justice: It looks AMAZING in the light. I love the shimmer. I have a few more of his blanks, and can't wait to see what is inside.

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beachlover

Darci, your work looks great! My wife makes patchwork quilts and I know how many hundreds of hours can go into making one for a king size bed (never mind the fact that she takes patterns for single beds and then comes to me to make the exponential geometry work to expand it to a king).

If the quilt is handmade you definitely got a great deal.

Still....... I like your work! Looks great on top of the quilt.
Regards

darcisowers

Thanks Jim & Jon. Right after I made it, I told my husband - UH OH - I don't want to give this one up!

Jon, I also quilt - but as a "quilter" who's only finished three quilts in 11 years, I have a great respect for her work. She makes at least 10 a year. So you can imagine how stoked I was when she said I could just have the quilt. (no pen required!!) But she really liked my pens, seeming really drawn to the "burl and swirl" types of pens we'd made previously - so I figured, hey - why not! I know how much time, not to mention material costs went into the quilt - so I could "afford" a more expensive blank and kit.... AND she lives in a ritzy part of town, so maybe I'll get more interest!! (for that reason alone, I'd have made her a free pen - but I got a quilt out of the deal! It's my new favorite TV-watchin' quilt.)

Top Bottom