• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

You need to get the nib and finial in focus with the body of the pen. There are several things you can do. Turn the pen sideways so it is all in the same focal plane. Set you aperature (/f Stop) at a smaller opening (larger number)...something like f11. Use you lens at a shorter focal length...something around 50mm is better than 135mm for depth of field.

76winger

If you want some really exceptional photos with that new camera, don't use the flash.

Set yourself up a photo both either using natural light, surround it with incandescent or florescent lights, most important is to have all the same color temperature so you can adjust your cameras white balance for it. It don't have to fancy or costly, but the even lighting will drastically improve your final outcome. Here a simple one I made out of PVC pipe, a white sheet and surrounded by 6500k florescent lights.

With that and a simple tripod, you can close down your aperture, and lengthen the shutter, which results in a much better depth of field, so more of your pen is is focus.

Happy shooting!

76winger

Oh yeah,

There's a lot of good discussions in the pen photography forum, so be sure to drop in and check out the information in there as well!

weasel1219

Guys, this is why I love woodworking so much, it is the people behind the craft that make
it interesting and fun to do. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments and
tips...There is nothing better than learning from the wise and skilled artist..
Thank You all I will try these tips...
Looking forward to better pics in the future...

SDB777

Something to help you figure out how to get the entire pen in focus.... >>>DOF Calculator<<<

Simply use the drop-down choice and enter the lense info in then 'play' with the other stuff to determine what you need to do to get the entire pen in focus. Simply once you try...really.

Scott

Top Bottom