Pen & pen holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I had a customer buy three spalted tamerind pens from me and order a Havana in the same material. I turned the pencil holder hoping he will add this to his collection when he picks up his pen [:p]
For those that make the Havana, I just recieved a new batch and they have changed the clip slightly, I think the old clip looked better. They extended the clip higher totally wiping out the appeal of the clip. They did this to add more spring action to the clip. They should have kept the roundness to the clip, instead of just extending the clip with flat metal and taking the cheap way out.
Thanks for looking :) Comments allways welcome [8D]

20064464157_havana_splt_tamerind.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Looks good from what I can see of the pen. Thanks for the heads up I have been considering adding a Havana on El Toro to my arsenal and appreciate the info.

gerryr

Look good as usual, Anthony. Was the clip change only on the Havana or has Berea also changed the El Toro and El Presidente? I really like the El Toro/Little Havana and now that BB has fountain pen kits for the El Presidente, I will have to try those.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

The wood is beautiful-your work makes it look great.

I wasn't fond of the kit before and this really is NOT an improvement in my book, but a SOLD pen is a GOOD pen.

Great work on YOUR part!!![:)]

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments. Still not found of the clip change.
I looked both on CS & BB site and both pictures show the old style of clip.
I would assume they did this change for all models but really don't know as I
have only bought the Havana from CS.

So william, what did your pencil holder look like? A pen holder ? [:D]

mick

Wow! Anthony, That's a nice one! Looking at it reminds me why Tamarind is one of my favorite woods to turn. I think the pencil holder adds even more to it ...your customer would be crazy not to take it as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom