Pen for my wife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bensoelberg

bensoelberg

When I first started turning pens my wife told me, "Now, these are nice, but don't think that you can give me one for my birthday or Christmas." A couple of months later, she casually asked me when I was going to make her pen. I had assumed that she didn't really want one, but it turned out that she just didn't want one as a present. I promptly took her into the garage and had her pick out a blank. She chose a box elder burl. Then Christmas came and I had to make about 20 pens for a custom order/ other presents. I got lazy in January, then the Bash, finally last week I decided that I had put it off long enough. (Luckily, I've married a forgiving woman.) Box elder burl fatline with walnut burl centerband on chrome slimline.

Attachments

• Katie's_box_elder[1].JPG
    Katie's_box_elder[1].JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

She should be very pleased with your effort.

I actually let my wife turn a portion of her first pen. (I was afraid I would not get the lathe back!) Since the first simple slimline, I have made a fountain pen and secret compartment key chain for her, all with components she chose. I'm just saying be careful, she might really like it and want more......

bensoelberg

She should be very pleased with your effort.

I actually let my wife turn a portion of her first pen. (I was afraid I would not get the lathe back!) Since the first simple slimline, I have made a fountain pen and secret compartment key chain for her, all with components she chose. I'm just saying be careful, she might really like it and want more......

I'd be thrilled if she wanted more. Then I wouldn't have to work so hard coming up with justifications for buying more supplies. :smile-big:

SGM Retired

Very nice pen, glad my wife didn't see this post or I would be in the shop as we speak. Just kidding, she's not an IAP member she just looks at the pens that I show her and yes, she gets the first pick of any pens I turn..

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
When I first started turning pens my wife told me, "Now, these are nice, but don't think that you can give me one for my birthday or Christmas." A couple of months later, she casually asked me when I was going to make her pen. I had assumed that she didn't really want one, but it turned out that she just didn't want one as a present.

.. and you didn't pick up on that yourself? :tongue: I'm pretty oblivious and I
knew that she meant "I know I can have one of your pens any time I want
one .. but you STILL have to buy me a present."

Top Bottom