A Pen for my Mom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

My mom passed away last Friday the 16th. It was really hard and painful to lose her. People mourn in different ways. For me it was being alone not really interacting with anybody...just making this pen. I finished the pen this morning and wished she could have seen it. I wrote a little about her on Facebook if you want to see. She was the greatest influence in my life and the person that I admired the most. She was my hero.
Regards,
Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain.jpg
    Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_1.jpg
    Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_1.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_2.jpg
    Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_3.jpg
    Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_3.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_4.jpg
    Custom Blue Black and Gold Fountain_4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

My condolences for your loss. As always, your craftsmanship and attention to details are spot on! Im sure she was super proud of you and what you have become!

OZturner

Doc, my condolences for the sad loss of your Mother.
It is difficult to bear the passing of your Mum regardless of the circumstances.
Your Pen is a Beautiful and Fitting Tribute, as well as a very personal expression of your Love and Devotion.
I wish that there was some way that I could ease some of your pain and sorry you are feeling. Other than to say, she will always be with you, while your loving Memories enable you to recall and enjoy those special moments and experiences you shared together.
My Thoughts and Prayers are with you, and your Family.
Personal regards,
Brian.

Last edited:

stonepecker

Doc, You and your family are in our prayers.

She will live forever in your memories. Cherrish that pen with pride......I know she is proud.
Peace.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My thoughts are with you and your family Doc. While many of us are experiencing such life events (me also last week), it is a comfort that others do understand.

Beautiful pen, beautiful sentiment, beautiful memories!

From a book I just finished...

"When someone who is no more lives in our memories, he is suddenly present again." (Pg 199) - Piero Ferrucci "The Power of Kindness."

wyone

I am sorry for your loss. I totally understand wanting some time alone to be creative.. and I am sure that probably for the first time, she watched you create a pen from start to finish. I know she is very proud of you and your skills. Thoughts and prayers are with you

wizard

My Mom

This is what I posted on FaceBook about my mom:

My mom passed away this past Friday, January 16th. It was without a doubt one of the most difficult and painful experiences in my life. Even as I type this my eyes fill with tears. When she passed away, one of my patients sent me a text with their condolences and a wish that they would have loved to meet her. My response was immediate and came from the heart. My mom was the person who had the greatest influence in my life as both a child and adult. She was the most kind, gentle and nurturing soul that I ever had the honor of knowing. She had a quiet strength that you could see in her eyes that made a child feel secure. She taught me that importance of education, knowledge and need for excellence. She taught me the virtue of humility. She taught me the difference between knowledge and wisdom. From her I learned that the true purpose of life and happiness came from helping others.
She was an artist and loved the beauty found in nature. She gardened, raised flowers and painted them. Three of her paintings hang on the walls in my office. She also taught me to never be afraid to pursue new interests and strive be the best at them. From her I learned the appreciation for art in every media. I remembered in college telling my dad that I was planning on coming home and his response was that he was going with my mom to an American Gourd Society meeting and to try another weekend. I remembered hanging up laughing and asking myself if I had misheard...a few weeks later I received a magazine with a picture of her painted gourds.
I want to thank you all for your kindness and support during this time. Apparently, numerous patients have called the office and asked if there was a charity to which they could contribute in memory of my mom. I know she would have liked people to support schools who raise gardens or, as she cared for homeless animals, to a local Humane Society. Whatever you do of your own choosing to help children and animals would have made her smile.
I miss her and that smile terribly.
Warm Regards,
Shreenath

Attachments

• Mom and David.jpg
    Mom and David.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Marigold.jpg
    Marigold.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Zinnias.jpg
    Zinnias.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 171
  • View from a Window.jpg
    View from a Window.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Mom_American Gourd Society.jpg
    Mom_American Gourd Society.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Tom T

So sad to hear about the loss of your Mom. Thank you for sharing part of her life with us. I will be praying for you during this time of loss.

turncrazy43

Doc, so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. That is always a tough loss. Our prayers go out to you in this time of sorrow. The pen is beautifully done.

You sure poured into that pen. Great Job sorry for your loss. You turned your pain into a really beautiful writing instrument. It is a true testament to your feelings.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
So very sorry for your loss Doc, your pen is an amazing tribute to her as is what you wrote. We'll be praying for you and your family.

Rounder

Doc, very sorry to here about your Mom. My most sincere condolences. You are a reflection of her so she must have been a great woman. Prayers to you and yours.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure you're mom would've really loved that pen you made for her. I also think creating something that you are really good at for someone dear to you is a great thing to do and may even ease your pain a little.

bluwolf

I'm very sorry for your loss Doc. Nice job on the pen and a constructive way to channel your grief.

Mike

PapaTim

Sorry to hear your Mom passed, Doc. Take comfort in knowing they live on in our hearts, thoughts and memories. Your tribute to her reflects the wonderful bond the 2 of you had.

Katya

I'm so sorry to learn that you've lost your mom! You've taken a sorrow-filled time in your life, and made a beautiful pen to commemorate your mother. That's a lovely thing.
I hope in time that you'll continue to find comfort in pen-making and that your grief will ease. Take care of yourself. Your family will be in my prayers.
Katya

wizard

Doc, my condolences for the sad loss of your Mother.
It is difficult to bear the passing of your Mum regardless of the circumstances.
Your Pen is a Beautiful and Fitting Tribute, as well as a very personal expression of your Love and Devotion.
I wish that there was some way that I could ease some of your pain and sorry you are feeling. Other than to say, she will always be with you, while your loving Memories enable you to recall and enjoy those special moments and experiences you shared together.
My Thoughts and Prayers are with you, and your Family.
Personal regards,
Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom