Pen for my brother

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

My younger brother is into bowling in a fairly large way. Before he retired he was bowling several nights a week in league competition and has even bowled a perfect game (300) during league competition.

So I decided to make him a pen.

The pen is a Wall Street II in copper and the blank is from Wood-n-Whimsies and is their Bowling Pin & Ball Inlay Blank.

I apologize for the picture. I am having to learn how to use the Nikon 300 body which I bought to replace my old Nikon D70 body which gave up on me. Also, trying to get use to the light tent that I bought to take pictures of my pens.

View in Gallery

Skie_M

Needs better/brighter ambient light through the tent walls ...

Try taking the tent outside in bright sunlight (or into a room with large windows) and take the picture again.

Next time round, you could also make him another pen out of "Bowlerite" .... this is the acrylic shell you can find and cut away from used bowling balls. :) Would be especially great if he is tossing out an old bowling ball that he enjoyed using ...

Just keep in mind that "Bowlerite" is only a thin 1/4" layer of acrylic over some dull grey plastic. You may find that using it as parts of segments or as inlay is the best course of action.

You could also just grab a very similar looking acrylic blank and just use that so that he'll be reminded of his favorite bowling ball... :)
Or, you could increase the "exposure" setting to make the picture brighter.

Top Bottom