Pen to match a motorcycle paint job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Poppers-n-Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following pen (Black Ti Jr. Gent) was created in an attempt to match the custom paint job on my co-workers motorcycle (I hope to have a picture of the motorcycle and the pen together, soon).

This pen was made from a bunch of different colored paints (silver, blue, pearl lime green, cobalt blue, purple, pearl white, color changing green-blue-purple) This was fun!

When I gave it to him I asked if I did well (having only seen his bike once, asking him what colors he can remember mixing when he helped mix the paint for his bike, and going from memory), and He said the top barrell (cap) is a little light, but the body of the pen is almost right on. This pleased me a lot. His wife is now jealous and has asked if I can make an Emerald Green pearl-esque pen?

Enough background...Here's the pen...the pictures don't do it justice. This is my favorite pen to date. I almost didn't give it up.:D

200811252922_custom_pen_kevin_bike1_thumb.jpg

200811252954_custom_pen_kevin_bike2_thumb.jpg

And a picture of the pen and what I made from my leftover resin (my first stopper)
200811252429_custom_pen_and_stopper_thumb.jpg

Comments, questions, suggestions welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by Mather323
<br />Did you paint the tube, or mix the acrlyic? Great result!

Thank you.

I purposely left the tubes unpainted (I used brass tubes). The reason I left unpainted was because my father-in-law had turn a black and blue acrylic cigar pen back when he started and forgot to paint the tubes and it caused the thinnest blue parts (near the nib and the top) to appear green.

The bike I was trying to match appears green depending on your angle so I wanted to incorporate that transition into this pen if at all possible. The effect is much better on the pen than on the cap, but that's okay.

The acrylic is Simlar41 and there are a lot of different colors in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom