a pen I made for my mom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cloven

Cloven

My dad has been bogarting the olive wood sierra I had made for them both, so I set out to make a pen just for my mom. It is a pink larimar trustone blank with a clear crystal princess pen kit. It was my first time turning trustone, certainly had to take it slow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

..........very well done. I reckon your Dad won't want to be sportin' a pink pen! Be well.....Jan

Cloven

The smell sure took me back, the resin smelled exactly like what me dad and I used when we fiberglassed our wood strip canoe. I also gave it a CA topcoat after sanding to 800, just to be positive the minerals won't have any problems after years of handling. I also used my easywood carbide cutter to make it.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love Tru Stone! Yup, take it slow, but it turns out beautiful in my experience.

You made ONE pen for Mom and Dad :eek::eek::eek:. Shame to you!

This once is beautiful! Hope Dad get the other. If not... Black Tru Stone with Gold Matrix!!!

Owen Sound, Ont... Remember taking my son to a Motocross Camp there for a few years... Several broken ribs... A bent bike frame... Some great memories of dining in Guelph! Great fishing... BIG Misquitoes.

Top Bottom