A Pen For A Friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

This was a Bespoke pen for a member here on this forum. He has become a very dear friend indeed and we usually talk at least once a week, usually more, and he has helped me get to where i am today through extremely positive encouragement :wink: and even helping me with my photography. He was one of the first people i met in person from here and he also received one of my first component-less pens. He has asked me to personally make him this pen and he wanted me to show it off. His name is Doc(Wizard) and i have to say without a doubt, he is my biggest groupie:wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Sorry Fire, but Doc has you beat:cool::biggrin: This is some Red Cumberland Ebonite with a #5 Bock Feed and Nib. This pen was hard to photograph because the red stripes were so subtle. It was also a dust magnet.:cool:

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0783.jpg
    DSC_0783.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 974
  • DSC_0784.jpg
    DSC_0784.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC_0785.jpg
    DSC_0785.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC_0786.jpg
    DSC_0786.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 967
  • DSC_0787.jpg
    DSC_0787.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 967
  • DSC_0788.jpg
    DSC_0788.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 966
  • DSC_0789.jpg
    DSC_0789.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 960
  • DSC_0790.jpg
    DSC_0790.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 958
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

You did an awesome job with that Cumberland, Justin. It looks like the photos turned out well, too. I have made a couple pens with the same material, one using the whole Jr. Emperor kit and one is a double closed end, my photos didn't turn out as well. I think the next major project after my aluminum pen will be an ebonite kitless.

OKLAHOMAN

Beautifullllllllllll, love it, now Doc next time I'm in Houston I'll show you min......no that don't sound right.

Bree

Greater love hath no man than to give up his greatest pen for his friend!!
:smile-big::smile-big::smile-big:

firewhatfire

well if I am gonna be out groupied:eek: for the top spot I couldn't think of a nicer guy to knock me out of the spot. Only spoke with Wizard in a PM and he seems to be the real deal and a nice guy.

Phil

wizard

Thank You!

Sensei,

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I LOVE IT!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think I found my favorite pen that you have created......LOL...until the next one you make:wink:. I appreciate the promotion to lead groupie. :biggrin:
Justin, you are an amazing artist. It's an honor and privilege to be your friend! You have a wonderful future ahead of you and this is just the beginning:wink:.

Regards, Doc

well if I am gonna be out groupied:eek: for the top spot I couldn't think of a nicer guy to knock me out of the spot. Only spoke with Wizard in a PM and he seems to be the real deal and a nice guy.

Phil

Phil, LOL....Sorry about the out groupied status..:eek::cool::biggrin:. Seriously though..Thanks so much for the compliment!!:) Regards, Doc:)

Timebandit

Beautiful work! I am sure he will be appreciative.

Thanks!!!

Very nice work Justin.

Thank You!!

That's Hot!

I've been admiring the look of that color Ebonite for some time, and the way you shaped that pen is so smooth.

Thanks for sharing, and congrats Doc.

Thanks!!!:biggrin:

You did an awesome job with that Cumberland, Justin. It looks like the photos turned out well, too. I have made a couple pens with the same material, one using the whole Jr. Emperor kit and one is a double closed end, my photos didn't turn out as well. I think the next major project after my aluminum pen will be an ebonite kitless.

Thanks Steve!! It looks great in person, but i wasnt sure how well the pics would show that. Im glad that they came out well!! I love Ebonite, its one of my favorite materials to work with!!

:good::cowboy:

:biggrin::cool::tongue::biggrin:

It's beautiful Justin!!

Thanks Ken!!

Beautifullllllllllll, love it, now Doc next time I'm in Houston I'll show you min......no that don't sound right.

Thanks Roy!!.........Yeah that didnt sound right at all:tongue:

Very nice pen. I see your making some pens for people where's mine:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks!! Yours is sitting right here..........what are you going to give me for it:tongue:

Greater love hath no man than to give up his greatest pen for his friend!!
:smile-big::smile-big::smile-big:

LOL!!! Thanks Bree!! That has to be the nicest reply ever!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Phil

LOL!!! Sorry Phil!!! You can be second though..... But hat means that you have to knock the other 2nd groupie down to the #3 spot.......good luck:tongue::biggrin:

Sensei,

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I LOVE IT!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think I found my favorite pen that you have created......LOL...until the next one you make:wink:. I appreciate the promotion to lead groupie. :biggrin:
Justin, you are an amazing artist. It's an honor and privilege to be your friend! You have a wonderful future ahead of you and this is just the beginning:wink:.

Regards, Doc

Phil

Phil, LOL....Sorry about the out groupied status..:eek::cool::biggrin:. Seriously though..Thanks so much for the compliment!!:) Regards, Doc:)

LOL!!! Doc, it was my pleasure to make this pen for you!! You have truly been a great friend from the first day i met you. You have been supportive and encouraging like no one else, other than my wife:tongue:. It is my honor just to be your friend!!:biggrin:

JUstin~an amazing pen for an amazing person. Doc is an incredible person!!

Thanks Toni!!! Yes he is......Yes he is!!!!

wizard

I wasn't quite ready to drop the 1st groupie status so it has been modified to almost 1st groupie:rolleyes:

LOL !!! Phil...You are still his first groupie.... I was just kidding....so go ahead and change the line back... my claim to fame is that I was the Sensei's first grasshopper:biggrin:...LOL...I think:wink:. Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Justin..LOL...I kept looking ...more like drooling..... at the pictures of my pen quite a few times yesterday:)...enough that my office manager and Karen were giving me the evil eye and the hands on the hips routine..:rolleyes:.
LOL...I Need to move my monitor off the credenza so the nosy ones can't see what I'm doing. Regards, Doc

Timebandit

I wasn't quite ready to drop the 1st groupie status so it has been modified to almost 1st groupie:rolleyes:

LOL!!! Well maybe we should have a cage match and only the strongest will survive...What do you say:cool:

LOL !!! Phil...You are still his first groupie.... I was just kidding....so go ahead and change the line back... my claim to fame is that I was the Sensei's first grasshopper:biggrin:...LOL...I think:wink:. Regards, Doc:)

LOL!!! Yes you were my Friend!!!

Justin..LOL...I kept looking ...more like drooling..... at the pictures of my pen quite a few times yesterday:)...enough that my office manager and Karen were giving me the evil eye and the hands on the hips routine..:rolleyes:.
LOL...I Need to move my monitor off the credenza so the nosy ones can't see what I'm doing. Regards, Doc

LOL!!! You know they are going to have to put the parental controls on your computer!!!!

firewhatfire

cage match:eek:, I think not. Youthful enthusiasm will only get me so far. I am afraid experience and the no chance in the world he is letting go of the pen would be the end of me.:biggrin:

However I did order me the smaller tap and a few nibs and feeds yesterday, so I am a few step closer to making my own. maybe by the first of the year I will have assembled all parts needed.

I am content with almost 1st:wink:

Phil

LOL!!! Well maybe we should have a cage match and only the strongest will survive...What do you say:cool:

LOL!!! Yes you were my Friend!!!

LOL!!! You know they are going to have to put the parental controls on your computer!!!!

wizard

Thank you !!!

Justin, Got my pen yesterday.:biggrin: Inked her up early this AM and started doing my patient notes. After using it for about two hours...thought I would get on the site and do a review of your pen...To sum it up...it's Freaking Awesome!!!! The ebonite feels great to the the hand and the finish is beautiful. The Bock nib just glides on the paper. I have a Sailor known for the quality of their nibs but the the Bock nib seems to writes even smoother with virtually no resistance on paper, with fluid strokes and with consistent and even ink delivery. The construction of the pen is to perfection..the finial and cap as well as the front section and body are perfectly aligned with respect to the "grain" of the ebonite. The front section fits perfectly with my finger grip.
Your need for perfection marks the quality of your work!! It will be my daily writer and treasured for many years to come. Thanks so much! Regards, Doc :)

Timebandit

Justin, Got my pen yesterday.:biggrin: Inked her up early this AM and started doing my patient notes. After using it for about two hours...thought I would get on the site and do a review of your pen...To sum it up...it's Freaking Awesome!!!! The ebonite feels great to the the hand and the finish is beautiful. The Bock nib just glides on the paper. I have a Sailor known for the quality of their nibs but the the Bock nib seems to writes even smoother with virtually no resistance on paper, with fluid strokes and with consistent and even ink delivery. The construction of the pen is to perfection..the finial and cap as well as the front section and body are perfectly aligned with respect to the "grain" of the ebonite. The front section fits perfectly with my finger grip.
Your need for perfection marks the quality of your work!! It will be my daily writer and treasured for many years to come. Thanks so much! Regards, Doc :)

Excellent!! I knew it should have shown up by now!! You are a friend in the truest sense and it was my pleasure to make this pen for you!! Enjoy!!

Justin

That looks great. He will cherish it for sure

Thanks!!!

Top Bottom