PEN FOR A FRIEND

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fitzman163

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
This pen and business card holder is made from 120 year old oak molding from St Mary's Assumption Church in Pittston, Pa. The church was located on the corner of Church St. and Carrol St. from 1893 to 2012. This church played a large part in my friends life along with his family. I felt it fitting that he receive the first one.

Attachments

• IMG_3246_1.jpg
    IMG_3246_1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 384
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kyaggie

Beautiful pen and card holder!

On the "something to think about" front... I have done several pens with white oak that has been crosscut. It changes the straight grain of oak and brings out a lot of different characteristics in the grain and beauty of the wood.

Mike

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
Beautiful pen and card holder!

On the "something to think about" front... I have done several pens with white oak that has been crosscut. It changes the straight grain of oak and brings out a lot of different characteristics in the grain and beauty of the wood.

Mike

Great idea kyaggie! I have done that on some other plan woods however the molding I have is to thin to crosscut and turn. The piece I used for the pen was nailed to the edge 1" x 1" to give it thickness the part for the card holder is about 3/4 at the edge and gets thinner from there.

Top Bottom