Pen For Emily

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is a pen I am just made for a wonderful young lady named Emily. She has special personal physical issues that required that if a pen were made for her that it meet a few dimensional chacteristics.

She needed a pen that had a defined grip point 1 1/2 inches above the writing point with a diameter of about half an inch. Her favorite colour is also important, it's blue.

I chose to use a blue ice bowling ball blank from Pens of Color, a few simulation Ivory cuts offs from another project and I use the hardware from a cigar pen.

I discovered that my baron pin chuck works really well for this diameter tube so I tossed the hardware and went for a desgn that was functional and fun to make.

Anyway, here is Emily's pen, I am looking forward to hearing about how she might like it.

200641215011_IMG_4698.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Beautifully done. I really like the way it looks without all of the hardware to take away from the beauty of the material!
A beautiful pen for a beautiful young lady.

gerryr

Jim, I think you did an outstanding job on this. It looks really nice. The only thing I would change and I think you could still do it, would be to replace the black trim ring with the alternate ivory. To me, the black looks a bit out of place, BUT that's just my opinion,

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Jim, I think you did an outstanding job on this. It looks really nice. The only thing I would change and I think you could still do it, would be to replace the black trim ring with the alternate ivory. To me, the black looks a bit out of place, BUT that's just my opinion,

Hi Gerry,

That is a GREAT idea!!!! Thanks for that thought!

[;)]

Fangar

Jim,

Excellent work. Now some of the people that asked me why one would want to make a closed end cigar have an idea of what I was thinking when I said that. Nice work.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom