Pen and desk set...Buckeye Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

My boss turns 50 this week. He is a woodworker and I found out he is from Ohio so buckeye burl seemed natural. The letter opener is new for me. Sorry about the photos, my camera didn't want to focus very well.

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02358.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0] Wow

Are you looking for a job, i'm ready to become your boss[;)]

Great looking set, i'm sure he will be more than happy about it.

Alfred

punkinn

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />My boss turns 50 this week. He is a woodworker and I found out he is from Ohio so buckeye burl seemed natural...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love the way you've worked in the gold wood's lines from the base moving up the clock. Gorgeous!

I have a buncha buckeye burl pieces laying around begging to be on someone's desk... maybe I'll work up a plan. [8D]

Great job!!!
Nancy

Fangar

Looks really great. I like how you used the minimalist approach to the slots for the pen and Letter Opener. I used that on mine too. If I might, I think that you could have scaled down the base a couple inches in both directions. Just looks a little out of proportion to me. Just my thoughts. I also like the satin looking finish. Great hunk or burl!

Fangar

Thumbs

Beautiful work! The big problem I see with this is the fact that he may have trouble finding the pen or letter opener. Looks like almost perfect camouflage.......[:)]

woodscavenger

Fangar, I didn't want to shorten it and loose the ivory color on the non-natural edge.
Bryan, I bought the burl and my local Klingspor. It was 3BF worth of burl. Cost me about $70. I have a bunch left. I haven't decided what to do with the rest of it. I may make one for myself for my new office in 6 month. The wife doesn't like the wood so nothing for the house. I may be offering some big slices for you all. Let me think about it.

mick

Shane, Fantastic desk set! Thats got to be one of my favorite woods , I've got several blanks of it left to turn and I've hated parting with each one I've turned so far.

Fangar

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Fangar, I didn't want to shorten it and loose the ivory color on the non-natural edge...

That is a good point Shane. I agree that would have changed the look quite a bit without the light color on the right edge.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom