A Pen and a couple of Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RMckin5324

RMckin5324

I did these over the past couple of days. the first is a Sierra with Spalted Hackberry, my first decent CA finish. the second is a Designer twist Pencil in a White & Black Lava, and the last two pictures are the same pencil another Designer Twist Pencil in Molten Metal. The Molten metal is pretty chippy but so beautiful, a piece chipped off at the end of course that I couldn't fix so I cut it back and used one of those rubber grips I've saved from a comfort pen and it works. Both of the pencils are for two of my kids who wanted me to make them a pencil, like most of you I'm sure, my kids carry some pretty nice pens........lol :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_5115.jpg
    IMG_5115.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5108.jpg
    IMG_5108.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5113.jpg
    IMG_5113.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Nice set. I like the Designer/European line. Cutting the tenons always make me nervous, but its really not too bad. I have a couple molten metal blanks. I think I need to use one. I like yours.

KDM

These pens are beauties!

Nice set. I like the Designer/European line.

Me too. I've never seen a designer pencil before, though. Where'd you source them?

Cutting the tenons always make me nervous, but its really not too bad.

Inside the cent ring, at the nib end, is there a small tenon (maybe only 1/32" deep)? I like to cut the lower half of my pen bigger than this inside of teh cent ring, then cut a tiny tenon in the pen to key into this. It makes it very hard to tell which part of the pen has the cent ring attached.

RMckin5324

Yes, the designer twist Pencil is tweaked, its a standard PSI kit but the original barrel cracked and chipped so I cut it back and I used a saved rubber grip to fix it. It works, my son thinks its special so its a win win situation.

Top Bottom