Pen-A-Colada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Made this for a colleague to remind her of a vacation in Puerto Rico. She asked if I could make it smell like a Pina Colada so I but a Pina Colada fragrance in the resin mix and wax. Wish I could post the aroma.
200672704356_Pen%20A%20Colada.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Too soon to tell. I think I have to do a little more experimenting, but I offerred to make up some wax with the fragrance in it so it can be refreshed as needed. I'm also in the process of of trying to find fragrances with the longest life. Its pretty much the same stuff they use in candles and if I put enough in, don't see why it wouldn't last for as long as they do.
Originally posted by jaywood1207
<br />Very nice. Great idea with the fragrance. Any idea how long it will last?

Ron Mc

Did you find that the fragrance changed the color of the resin? Wonderful idea for a pen! You have found a unique niche that needs to be pursued.
Why the kit finish on this particular pen?[:eek:)]

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Fragrance didn't change the color. I only had to add about 15 drops to 4 ounces of resin and the drops were fairly clear. Not sure what it would do to a clear resin, but I think the luster pigments would mask anything at this concentration. Not sure what you mean by kit finish?
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Did you find that the fragrance changed the color of the resin? Wonderful idea for a pen! You have found a unique niche that needs to be pursued.
Why the kit finish on this particular pen?[:eek:)]

emackrell

Bruce, that is a gorgeous pen! And the fragrance idea is very clever. You could make some up in all the standard herbal fragrances -- lavender, citrus, peppermint -- and market them as aromatherapy pens! [:D]

Though now that I think about it.... peppermint DOES help you stay awake... I could use a peppermint pen in the Pentagon!

cheers Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom