Pen with Clock holder/display function

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jonrms

jonrms

thingy....

right... This is actually a gift for my father for the C word... Yep Xmas:beat-up:

I would like to tell you that this was my second pen ever made!
Right.. the Base in which the pen sits is made from Zebrano... no surprise.
Then the wood that the clock sits in is made from Mopani ... which appearantly is the nearest thing to petrified wood you will get and a pain in the A55 to work with!!!! just a heads up!

The pen is a Slimline 24k plated.. With the wood being Zebrano.. the reason the wood appears darker on the pan vs the base is that I burnished the pen in its own wood as I used cream for the base.. I wanted a contrast.

Anyway i hope you enjoy... it took alot of time to build this... but it was more for a certin look.. .please feel free to make ANY comments... its getting packaged up for that C word again soon...

Thanks and enjoy!
dscf6357n.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6358g.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6356.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6360k.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6361v.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6359.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6363k.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

dscf6362.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-11-08

PS I am NOT a photographer if you cant tell!!!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jonrms

Thank you... I like the idea of making the clocks and the pen set together.. I am not sure if I will do another as it was very time consumeing but I might. I might have to try a box adaptation with a clock build in.. .. watch this space..

jttheclockman

Very nicely done and I am sure he will enjoy it for sure. I have a couple questions.

When you say the wacth base took alot of time could you tell me what took the time?? Did you carve the backdrop somehow?? It looks natural.

Second thing is what is the finish on all the piece involved??? I ask because if not let to cure you will get reactions that mess one of the finishes up. I say this because you mentioned it is getting wrapped up. Wood needs to cure.

Thanks for showing.

jonrms

The mopani had to be trimmed and drilled and cleaned up a bit.. and both base /zebrano and mopani were laqured and also burnished... but using cream. It has had plenty of time to cure... I thought about that too... it is now wrapped up and ready for the xmas papper... so fingers crossed I do that..haaa haa. I am such a scrooge... lol

Very nicely done and I am sure he will enjoy it for sure. I have a couple questions.

When you say the wacth base took alot of time could you tell me what took the time?? Did you carve the backdrop somehow?? It looks natural.

Second thing is what is the finish on all the piece involved??? I ask because if not let to cure you will get reactions that mess one of the finishes up. I say this because you mentioned it is getting wrapped up. Wood needs to cure.

Thanks for showing.

Top Bottom