Pen class result*edited*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinker

I took a class from a fellow woodworker and made a Euro style pen from yellow heart. After spending a day looking at it and liking it less each glance, I decided to take it apart and use the kit to make another one from bloodwood.
Since all I have been making is slim lines, I figured I would have to mic everything as I went. I found a bushing that was close and used it for the top tenon. After taking my time and getting the top made I relaxed. (the top is the difficult part)
I then turned the bottom. I didn't have any long tubes so I stacked two together and trimmed off the excess. Being happy with the top and relaxed, I proceeded to screw up the bottom by using the slim line bushings.
The nib is proud of the barrel and the top of the lower barrel is undersized. So much for the easy part huh. I guess it is time to pick up bushings for several different style pens. I really like the Barons and designer pens.
The medical clip is a result of LOML ordering the wrong parts, she intended to order the 2005 bands. We have a lot of friends in the medical field, so they won't go to waste.

2005720194432_62.jpg

I couldn't leave it like that, so I took it apart and made another. Got it right this time. Had to use the CB as a gauge and it got marked up, but I can replace it easy enough. Crushed Pearl, terrible photo.

200572121243_64.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom