Pen #4 Teak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

I did my second for today and pen #4 in Teak. I feel fairly good about this one.

Attachments

• Pen #4 B1.jpg
    Pen #4 B1.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Pen #4 A1.jpg
    Pen #4 A1.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice pen, be careful on your bushings. You really want to use them as a guide. If you see material you need to remove it so the hardware will fit properly. This is a great effort though. Keep them coming you are almost addicted. You see we are all addicted to pen turning and misery loves company.. ;>)

SteveG

You should be feeling good about this, your latest effort. I am guessing you are already victim to the addiction, which means you can not get out. No worries though, if you could get out...where would you go?

This pen is looking very nice, especially considering your level of experience. Have you put it side-by-side to your first few pens? Notice your progress already, not only in the completed pen, but in your confidence as you work. As I noted the points of transition from wood to hardware, I question if you intended to leave the wood proud of the tip? That can be an intentional design element. If in the future you are working toward having a smooth transition there, you will want to work carefully toward that to avoid overturning, since you obviously cannot easily put wood back if you took too much off. That is the most critical area, because if overturned, the feel of the hardware is quite obvious, and that is right where the pen is held. You are doing great, and there remains many fun challenges ahead. Happy pen turning!

OZturner

Nice one Michael.
You have received some great advice above, so I won't repeat it again.
Lovely Teak Blank, Excellent Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Reactions: Big

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Looks Good Big, I cant add anything to the advice you've been given. I would like to know what kind of finish you are using.

Top Bottom