Pen # 30, Pink Ivory with Holly CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

Well, I thought I'd try a different approach to the CB and it didn't really work out too well. I also mounted the pen backwards. Doh!!!
I think I'll stick with the straight accross CB, without the grooves. This was a PITButt. I also got a nick in the pink ivory, which should have been covered by the clip, but ended up in the nib end. So much for rushing.
At least there's a smidgeon of curl. I didn't expect that.
Rob

200668205212_DSCN2521-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

For all your admissions of mistakes, I really like this pen. Do me a favour and don't tell anyone I like pink, OK. Very nice effort Rob and you're being to humble with your talents.
-Peter-

BigRob777

Peter,
Um, ... I think the cat might be out of the bag on that pink thing. LOL I like it too, but I wouldn't want to use it. BTW, I put the ding on the other side for the pic. If I was selling it, I'd make it show, but it's a graduation gift for my wife's friend's daughter. She's a great kid, but I don't think she'll notice the defects either. I didn't mention all of them (missed the seam on one groove). I can't say I'm happy with it, but I'm not going to scrap it either. My silver and gold pen spoiled me. I can't wait to try some more PR.
Thanks for your kind comments. I'll try to go a little easier on myself. Also, I love the color combination, if I do say so myself. It was almost a blackwood CB, but I figured white would be more femanine.
Rob

JimGo

That's a really pretty pen Rob! You know, you can always disassemble it and swap out the upper and lower barrels.

BigRob777

Wow, thank you all for such great compliments. I've wanted to do a CB like that for a while, but not as pronounced. I put the initial groove too far into the band and kept trying to dig my way out. It was just supposed to have a very small groove on each end of the CB. I tried to sand it round, but couldn't really get any pressure on it with the sand paper. My wife likes it, now I only hope the graduate likes it too. I'm pretty sure she will.
Rob

gerryr

Nice colors and the pen looks good. Why tell us your mistakes? You could always take it apart and re-assemble it the way you want.

GBusardo

I think it all looks great!! I have been playing with different centerbands, but haven't come up with a nice color/shape combination that I like as much your pen. I also hate when I mount a pen assbackwards and forget to hide my goof. [xx(]

BigRob777

Gerry and Gary,
Thanks. I was a liar when I was a kid and I think I overcompensate now. Anyway, the more I look at this pen, the more I like it. I hope to turn more today. I'm trying again with logo pens, for a friend and one for myself, possibly. I found some exhibition grade koa sapwood that I want my "Figuredwoodz.com" on.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom