Pen #23

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well for this pen it ended up replacing a purpleheart I did for a lady at work. Long story short, I had brought the purple heart home to refinish it because it was before I did CA or lacquer finishes so the friction polish had rubbed all the way off on her. So as I am reassembling it I notice cracking and splitting at the tip of the pen which showed a little writing pressure and it was going to break. Having no more purpleheart on hand I went ahead and used this redheart with the same kit. I did the lacquer finish as I am still waiting on my delrin finishing bushings for the CA. Overall I think this pen looks much nicer than the other one. I need to realign the clip cap on this one as right now I have it a titch off center. I think she will be thrilled with this one. She saw the redheart my wife had done and really liked the wood. I kept the pieces from the purple heart cigar and figured I would get a keychain done for her for both ends of the old pen.

Thanks for looking. I have a nara wood slimline I did last night that the finish is curing on right now. When its done I will post it. I think that nara wood is looking very nice.

Top Bottom