Pen #20

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

I did this pen last night. It is a piece of diagonal canary wood I picked up from Rockler last weekend. I put 4 grooves in the top of the pen. They are deeper than they look in the photo. I think this is a cool looking wood personally. I did the HUT Crystal Coat finish and the HUT PPP wax bars. I would have done CA, but after two failed tries on another pen last night I couldn't take having to sand off another finish lol.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

That is a beauty. I guess I am the strange duck, as I usually have better luck with CA than I do with the crystal coat. I put 4 or 5 coats of the crystal coat on. It looks good at the lathe, but the next day it looks like I didn't put anything on at all...

Seer

I've turned cross-cut Canarywood and with a good ca finish the chatoyance is amazing. Nice pen wish I were closer so I could help with a ca finish for you. Took me awhile to learn it but I have developed my own way and it works fine for me.

Mark

Good luck with the poly coat. I think I'm lacking in the (patience) dept. I haven't gotten a poly finish I'm happy with - yet...:biggrin:

The pen looks great, either way.

Craftdiggity

Very nice. Although I love the look of Canarywood, I am fiercely allergic to it.:eek: My wife won't let me near it. Shhhh. I have a few blanks stashed away for a rainy day though. :wink:

Top Bottom