Pelikan Wannabe Piston Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

This is another first try for me. I've always admired the Pelikan style since I first got into vintage FP's a couple years ago. The 100 and 101 style was my inspiration for this creation of mine. All the materials were made by myself out of alumilite. The ink system is a true internal piston filler which is activated by twisting the bottom finial. The material on the body is a sleeve that's 1mm thick and can be removed and swapped out with another colored piece. I purposely put a matte finish on the lower finial, front section, and cap to help the colored parts pop. It's adorned with a #6 Bock nib. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. It's well balanced and writes beautifully! I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for looking!

DSC02713606x700_zpsa55a8fda.jpg

DSC02724574x700_zpsc0088d11.jpg

DSC02726700x366_zps68963253.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichF

Jonathon, beautiful work on this pen. The blank/colors are outstanding. Did you make the piston filler mechanism or is it the one Richard Greenwald recently started selling?

MarkD

Now your just showing off!!!!

Just kidding Jonathon!
This a beautiful, well thought out and executed pen!
Congrats!

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm really proud of this one.

Jonathon, beautiful work on this pen. The blank/colors are outstanding. Did you make the piston filler mechanism or is it the one Richard Greenwald recently started selling?

I started out making my own (and will still try to complete it) but ended up having to use one of Richards. I ran out of time so had to switch to plan B. The one from Richard is very nice and easy to install. If anyone gives them a try there's a small "nail" in it that you'll most likely have to file down a bit. Otherwise it'll really scratch up your see through barrel when you press it in.

Top Bottom