Pelikan reproduction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I've been captivated by the "Flock" of Pelikan pens posted by Mike & Linda Kennedy a couple of months ago, and have been concentrating on making pens of similar styling. This pen was intended to look like the Pelikan m100 which is a small pen, with 10mm threads. That didn't work out for me, as I wasn't able to adapt the section to the barrel using the tools at hand. So, I went to the 12mm triple start tap and die, and made a larger version of the pen, based on some photos that were printed from an email.

The material, was sent to me from Indy-Pen-Dance, which include the Cebloplast blue blank, the ebonite for the section, the Heritage semi-flex nib, and the squeeze filler. The trim rings are aluminum, and were incorporated using Georges (texatdurango) tutorial on how to use trim bands. As always, Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 270
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Very pretty. Nice style and I really appreciate when folks photo them taken apart.

Where are people getting these blanks?

Brooks803

Awesome Chuck! You did an amazing job on this one. Very inspiring. I've been wanting to do a similar task for about a month but have been sidelined with my back injury. Soon though!

Mark, those blanks are getting harder and harder to come by. The ones who have them, don't like letting go. Pen turning gold I guess you could call it! I've got a stick of it and some others and I don't know if or when I'll turn them.

OKLAHOMAN

Now your flat just showing off!!! The only critque I have is the final could stand to be about half as tall but then what do I know I haven't gone component less.........yet.

IPD_Mr

I don't want to say too much because it would be too expensive for Chuck to go out and buy all new 20 gallon hats. (the 10 gallon variety would be too small)

Well done Chuck, you have really come a long way and have gone that extra mile.

Phunky_2003

:cowboy:

I tip my hat too. After seeing what you were replicating, that just makes it more impressive.......

How do I get your name in a PITH......... how much I gotta bride somebody lmao?:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you friends. Mike, thanks for posting the photo. I was trying to figure out how to get one up here. Now Roy, and everyone will know why the finial is so tall.

So, from the remarks, I guess I did pretty well. Thanks again, everybody! BTW, my hat size remains the same. Size VS (very small):biggrin:

IPD_Mr

Just a tad more info on the original pen. This is known as a Pelikan model 101. The original was produced in 1935 to 1938 in very small nunbers. There were five colors and two variations giving a total of 10 different pens if you were to collect the set. From my understanding the blue is the hardest to find. This was a piston filler which is why you see such a long finial on the pen body. The pen was reproduced by Pelikan in 2001 as part of a limited edition. There were only 1935 made.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Mike, for adding the additional info.
Ya, you sure did nail that one. A stunningly beautiful pen.

Ken
Thanks Ken, I'm pretty darned close, if I do say so.:)

Great work there Chuck.

That came out really nice, like all your other stuff you've been doing.
Thanks Lupe!:biggrin:

Very nice pen! well done Chuck!
Thanks you John!

Nicely done Chuck!!! :)
Thanks Justin!

Awesome pen.
Thank you Craig!

Last edited:

CKormann

I am a long-time fan of Pelikans, and have collected a few. Your pen bears a strong resemblance to a mid-1930s Pelikan I have. Excellent work, beautiful pen. I am just now starting down the path towards kitless, hopefully I will be able to do something like this one day.

Chris

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am a long-time fan of Pelikans, and have collected a few. Your pen bears a strong resemblance to a mid-1930s Pelikan I have. Excellent work, beautiful pen. I am just now starting down the path towards kitless, hopefully I will be able to do something like this one day.

Chris
We seem to be a opposite ends of the spectrum. I made a replica, and don't own a Pelikan. You own one, but haven't made one. Wanna trade? :biggrin:

Chuck, That is a gorgeous pen !!! You did an outstanding job!! Doc:)
Thanks Doc!
Terrific job Chuck, that's a beauty!

Mike
Thanks Mike!

CKormann

Chris

We seem to be a opposite ends of the spectrum. I made a replica, and don't own a Pelikan. You own one, but haven't made one. Wanna trade? :biggrin:

Well Chuck, if you can somehow magically infuse me with your ability to make a kitless pen, I think we could work out a deal :)

Chris

CKormann

Thank you Chuck, that is very generous of you. I have just started moving in the direction of kitless. I did my first closed-end pen a couple weeks ago, and all things considered, it looks pretty good. Next is a double closed-end. I have done a lot of research on how to attach a clip to a double closed-end pen, but any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Top Bottom