Pearly White Wedding Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

I received a request for a wedding pen, and that if possible, it be made from a material that I had used once before. The material was made by our own Firewhatfire. As it happened, I had two pieces of this stuff left, so I got to it, and came up with this pen with this long pen with an extended barrel. The iridescent pearly white material seems perfect for the big occasion!

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:yin-yang::yin-yang: Ken; Very interesting and well made pen. I am sure the photo is not doing justice to the beauty of the iridesence that the sunlight will bring out when the pen is turned in the hand. Jim S

Last edited:

drgoretex

Thanks for the kind words!

:yin-yang::yin-yang: Ken; Very interesting and well made pen. I am sure the photo is not doing justice to the beauty of the iridesence that the sunlight will bring out when the pen is turned in the hand. Jim S

No, you are absolutely right. This material is really quite gorgeous in the light, and the photos really don't capture the green-hued shimmer.

Not sure if Firewhatfire is still making these, but they're definitely worth looking into!

Ken

SDB777

Very cool blank, made a bunch of them too. The pearlescent mica powder doesn't need any other color added to it to make outstanding blanks(hardly even need to 'swirl' it in a vertical mold-it seems to do it by itself).

The extra long barrel with the slendering end to hold the nibs really makes for a stunning pen....elegance would describe it to a tee! I'm sure the wedding attendance will be eye-balling this one.

Scott (well done) B

Now that is a very nice pen. I like the beautiful blank with the different colors! I bet when you tip it in the light they change all around! Very nice!

wizard

That is a beautiful pen made from some beautiful material !!!! Perfect for a wedding pen...profile is very pleasing..almost angelic..:)

Last edited:

drgoretex

Thanks very much for the kind compliments!

I heard back from the bride-to-be, and she was ecstatic with how I shaped it. Now *that* makes it all worthwhile :)

Ken

firewhatfire

Boy you sure do make a blank look good. I have not made one of those in a while. I guess I need to get to casting again and see if I can remember how. Makes me want to dust off the taps and dies and try kitless again.

Phil

drgoretex

Boy you sure do make a blank look good. I have not made one of those in a while. I guess I need to get to casting again and see if I can remember how. Makes me want to dust off the taps and dies and try kitless again.

Phil

I'm sure you'd have people interested in those blanks, Phil. That and the pens that you'd make with 'em.

Cheers,

Ken

Top Bottom